Tipping guidelines

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
I've just found this link on one of the other boards to the American Society of Travel Agents' website with some guidelines on tipping in the US.

Tipping guidelines

I thought it might be useful for us on the UK boards :) (I've added it into the 'helpful links' post at the top of the page too).

Thanks Hilary. That's useful. I've saved it ready to put into my passporter.

Hilary

This is really useful - thank you! On our first trip to Orlando we didn't know if you were supposed to tip the bag packers in Publix. Well, we did because we weren't sure and there was embarrassment all round because, we since discovered, it wasn't expected! Last year we noticed they were sporting badges saying that tipping was not expected.

Another time, we went in to the Cattleman's Steakhouse and the meal was the most expensive we had had all fortnight but we duly left the tip. It was only after our waiter made a special point of thanking us very warmly that we realised the tip had already been added on! Oh well, we learn by our mistakes ... !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter