Tipping help

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
This is my first vacation of this type ever. I am not sure how the tipping works. Who do I tip, and how much?

I am specifically wondering about the Towncar. We are stopping for groceries and they deserve a tip for this service, how much do I tip the driver?

Thanks

We tip the towncar driver $10 each way
We tip mousekeeping $1 per person per day
We tip bellman $1 per bag

I usually tip waiters/waitress 20/30% unless we receive poor service. (I overtip I know)

We tipped mouseeking $5 a day for family of five.
$1 a bag for bellhops and $5 for valet parking

Does anyone recall where the mousekeeping envelope templates are located? I saw them referenced once here.

Thanks.

We are 2 adults and 2 kids.

* 15% - 20% to the waitress
* $2 per bag to the bellman
* $5 ech day for the mousekeeping
* $10 each way to the driver

In my country we NOT tipping to the housekeeping and the driver, but in your country I don't want look miserly. ;)

* Verºoº *

earlier today I was digging around the DIS site (wdwinfo.com) and found the Guidelines for Tipping hidden in the Restaurants/Dining section. It says bellmen should normally be tipped $3 per bag, both at arrival and departure. . .does anyone pay that much "normally"? I have been under the impression that the general consensus was $1 a bag.

Originally posted by babyblue61
I agree with the previous post, with one exception. We do not tip mousekeeping.

Our last trip I was trying to decide how much to tip Mousekeeping before we left. I was starting to get nervous of all the ways money was flying out of our hands for this trip and wondering how little I could get by with for Mousekeeping. Then I caught myself and thought, "I'm giving thousands of dollars to the Disney company, it won't kill me to give a few hard workers a few dollars" I made homemade personalized envelopes and left 8-10 dollars per day. There were four of us, one toddler. Our first day returning to the room we were amazed at a wonderful assortment of towel animals and towel decorations everywhere. Each day we had special decorations made out of our son's toys and a caravan of his trucks. It was so nice to see the extra touch and know we made someone's day a little brighter.

Here is an additional tip for tipping mousekeeping: You don't always have the same mousekeeper everyday, so if you are tipping, its a good idea to tip on a daily basis. I didn't realize this until I was told.

I am going to be staying at the BCV and wondered about tipping mousekeeping in this situation. I will not be getting daily maid service as I would in the hotel. What do other people do?

Thanks, Cindy

I need help with this.
I always request for turn-down service, most of the time we leave first thing in the morning and do not get back to the hotel until the parks closes. I always leave two seperate envelops but last time in AKL I only got turn down service one night. Since I have found out they have different people. So I got a feeling my morning mousekeeper got very greedy. Since we are staying in AKL again I wonder what I should do?

I am going to be staying at the BCV and wondered about tipping mousekeeping in this situation. I will not be getting daily maid service as I would in the hotel. What do other people do?

I have to ask this question as well - I'm staying off-site at a villa, so we'll get housekeeping for the beginning of the stay, and after we leave. What do you all think about tips here?

When we were in Disney in December of last year, we stayed at the Contemporary-Tower for 6 nights. We left one of the envelopes that I had printed off of Heidi's site which was addressed to mousekeeping -our maid did not take it til the third night. Then we left another one which was still on the dresser even when we checked out. Go Figure???:confused: :confused:

Housekeeping is not a tipped postition according to Disney and they aren't supposed to accept tips...So, the reason that tips may sit on the counter for days is that your room is cleaned by different people and one doesn't have a problem accepting tips and one does.....

We normally don't tip Mousekeeping in our Villa unless it truly is messy....We take out the trash, empty the frig and vacuum prior to leaving...

We always tip the town car driver $10.00 each way. The bellman gets $5.00 for three bags, two small carry ons and one giant bag :eek: . We also leave a dollar per person, per day for mousekeeping. Wait staff gets 15-20%, or a little more if they go out of their way for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter