Tipping Info Thread for Disney Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you still have to tip with the dining plan I thought all that was why you get the dining plan so you don't have to pay for anything.:headache:

Do you still have to tip with the dining plan I thought all that was why you get the dining plan so you don't have to pay for anything.:headache:

Yes, the tip is not included. The DP is pre payment for your meals, not your service. The tip is included for CRT, HDDR, SOA and MBYBBQ

We tipped our housekeeper a few bucks each day (Wilderness Lodge). It's something I do at every hotel I stay at.

Btw, if you want to make a server's day, put zero on the charge slip and tip them in cash :)

Thanks for the great tip! Always wondered if they preferred cash.Cash is KING even in the Kingdom.

Is BOG lunch similar to Wolfgang Puck express? If so, we do give a small tip there since they bring and clear the plates.

Forgive me if this has been addressed, I scanned as many pages as I could but I don't have time to read almost 50 pages.
I'm planning a trip for the end of September and first week of October. Hoping for free dining. Right now I'm working on the tip budget. I have a general idea of where we will be eating and I got prices for each place so I would know how much to budget. However a lot of the buffets have a changing price depending on season and I don't know if mnsshp season would count as "peak"? Can anyone answer this? Prices for places like Boma, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House.... In the beginning of October are they on the low end of the scale? High end? In the middle?

Forgive me if this has been addressed, I scanned as many pages as I could but I don't have time to read almost 50 pages.
I'm planning a trip for the end of September and first week of October. Hoping for free dining. Right now I'm working on the tip budget. I have a general idea of where we will be eating and I got prices for each place so I would know how much to budget. However a lot of the buffets have a changing price depending on season and I don't know if mnsshp season would count as "peak"? Can anyone answer this? Prices for places like Boma, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House.... In the beginning of October are they on the low end of the scale? High end? In the middle?
The exact info you need: http://www.disboards.com/threads/buffet-character-shows-aycte-pricing-as-of-01-02-2016.3108466/

Can you charge the tip on your Magic Band and charge back to your account? (I tried to find the answer in this thread but couldn't). Thank you!

Hi all,

Quick question and apologies if this is answered somewhere else and I've not seen it.

I'm going on a trip later this year and it's my first time with DDP. I understand that I have to pay tips as if I'd paid for my meals with cash and Disney will tell me what 18 percent of the bill would have been for the amount they'd like to tip.

However what I would like to know is the amount at my discresion? So if I received good service I could leave more or poor service I could leave less?

Also could I tip with cash instead of charging it back to my magic band. I really don't want more card charges then absolutely required.

Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

Hi all,

Quick question and apologies if this is answered somewhere else and I've not seen it.

I'm going on a trip later this year and it's my first time with DDP. I understand that I have to pay tips as if I'd paid for my meals with cash and Disney will tell me what 18 percent of the bill would have been for the amount they'd like to tip.

However what I would like to know is the amount at my discresion? So if I received good service I could leave more or poor service I could leave less?

Also could I tip with cash instead of charging it back to my magic band. I really don't want more card charges then absolutely required.

Thanks in advance for any replies. :)
Unless you are a party of 6 or more then you may tip whatever amount you want. Simply write CASH in the tip line and leave the cash in the server book with the signed slip

We tipped housekeeping each day during our last stay. I've never seen anything that said they were not permitted to accept tips.
'
They're permitted to accept tips, but they housekeeping is a non-tipped position. You can tip them if you want to, but it's not expected. They're paid $10+ an hour as opposed to around $3 an hour for servers.

Two questions to make sure I have this right:
If we do a character meal with the dining plan, and there's only 3 of us, the tip is not automatically added? We can leave cash for the tip?
Also, at table service restaurants with the dining plan, the kids have to eat off the kids menu? I know with quick service they said there's no way for them to differentiate between a kids and adult meal so the kids could eat off the adult menu. Thanks!

So we will be a party of 7, 3 adults, 8 year old, 5 year old, 4 year old and 2 year old.
All of our TS meals will have 18% gratuity added not included in the dining plan, right? Also, do we have the option of writing "cash" in and paying cash or will our card automatically be charged the 18%?
Thanks!

Two questions to make sure I have this right:
If we do a character meal with the dining plan, and there's only 3 of us, the tip is not automatically added? We can leave cash for the tip?
Also, at table service restaurants with the dining plan, the kids have to eat off the kids menu? I know with quick service they said there's no way for them to differentiate between a kids and adult meal so the kids could eat off the adult menu. Thanks!

1. The tip is not included in the DP. Unless you are at CRT, HDDR, SOA or MBYBBQ
2. At TS restaurants, a child must order off the childrens menu. TS credits are not pooled on the regular DP

So we will be a party of 7, 3 adults, 8 year old, 5 year old, 4 year old and 2 year old.
All of our TS meals will have 18% gratuity added not included in the dining plan, right? Also, do we have the option of writing "cash" in and paying cash or will our card automatically be charged the 18%?
Thanks!

Just let the server know that you want to pay the balance (auto grat) in cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter