Tipping on DDP??

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
Yes, I know the Disney literature on the Disney Dining Plan says tax and tip included, but still...I've never left a restaurant in my life without tipping -

Do most people leave a tip on the table for their server on the DDP or follow the Disney rules of tax and tip included on the plan?

For those who have used DDP in the past, did it feel funny NOT to leave a tip for your server?

Just wondering .... :rolleyes2

On the DDP, you aren't "not leaving a tip." Your server is tipped, supposedly 18%. You can bet the serving staff would be furious if they weren't being treated fairly on the plan.

There is no way to add extra tip and charge it to your room account unless you order an extra item. If you stick to the plan, your receipt will show only credits used and credits remaining. So, if you plan to tip extra, you will need to bring cash. I think most people follow the "tip included" idea unless they order extra as many people carry little or no cash around WDW.

If you order outside of the plan, you should add tip to that amount...you can add any extra tip you'd like also and charge it to the room account.

We just got back and didn't tip any extra. If we had ordered things not on the plan, I would have left a tip on that portion.

For us, it was GREAT not having to figure in the tip. Your receipt will show the tip amount, so you KNOW it's there. If you don't want to order any extra "off plan" food, I would just recommend taking small bills w/ you so that you can leave a little extra when the service is superior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter