Tipping Question

MKDEBS

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Horrible and rainy outside, oh for Florida sunshine!!

Anyway what I want to know is, When we go out for a meal and pay by credit card can you ask for the tip to be added to the bill or should it be paid in cash seperatly so that server gets the money?

Thanks Debs

Debs,

We always add it to the bill although you don't need to ask - the credit card slips are designed for the purpose with a space for you to write in your gratuity. What I can't answer is whether or not the servers would prefer cash.

We tend to add it on the credit card slip, HOWEVER if theres a server whose been really great and helped make the experience memorable I will actually ask them how they want their tip.
In all the years I,ve been going to Florida I,ve never been told they don't get the credit card tip, although some have ask for cash saying it can take a few weeks to get the credit card tip.

many years ago I had a lot of friends who were waited tables to pay for college. Back then, they used to prefer cash, because if it went on the card it was shared between everyone who worked in the restaurant. I don't know if this is still the same, but we tend to try and leave cash on the table.

if you do this, be sure to cross the tip space out, and fill in the total, otherwise an unscruplous person could add something to the credit card slip after you have signed it.

Bev

DD is a waitress in Uk in her spare time. She prefers cash because the CC tip takes a while
to get through and it is taxed!

Thanks so much for the info, Something else I don't need to worry about now.

Debs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter