Tipping Travel Agent

YITBOS

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone. I'm using a travel agent for the for the first time ( from Dreams Unlimited) and she is doing an excellent job on our September trip (great recommendations/advice, lots of communication, booked all my dining reservations). I know they make a commission and say "our services don't cost you a thing out of pocket". My question is , do any of you Tip your Travel agent? If so, how and how much? Just curious.

I don't use one, but that would be a nice gesture if you feel they have gone above and beyond for you :) When I was a travel advisor specializing in Disney destinations I never got tipped -- got lots of great comments and reviews though, which for me were very welcome.

In fact, it was the other way around in that I would give my clients a fair bit of swag and things as a gesture of thanks for their business. Travel agent margins are next to nothing for the amount of time you put into each vacation for clients, which is why I personally stopped doing it.

I am a TA and tipping is not standard. The nicest thing you can do if you feel that your TA has gone above and beyond is to recommend them! Mention them in pertinent local groups. Tell your friends about them. Take the time to write a review for them (asking if there's a particular place they would like you to post your review is always a super nice touch). P.S. I always love it when my clients send me pics of their family having fun on the trip I worked hard to plan for them. Puts the biggest smile on my face...every time!

Absolutely not. That would be as inappropriate as tipping your insurance broker or financial advisor. If you feel that they have done an excellent job, post a positive review or send a complimentary email to their boss

Absolutely I would! A restaurant gift card for $50 or $100 would be appropriate IMO, but of course as OP's have said not expected.

DH and I tend to give or send a gift card for extraordinary services. Our son and DIL do that as well. We keep a stash. It is much less awkward than cash on some occasions and a hand written card goes with it if it seems appropriate.

We have a lawn person and a handyman that we occasionally call on. We give each a small gift card or cash as they both respond quickly and without question. I don't think they get many tips, but they are both there when we need them. I've given an envelope with a thank you note and cash to the supermarket cashier and the lady that cleans the gym locker room. It just feels good.

I always feel it's better to express gratitude and a small gift rather than not. We've been blessed in life so why not give back a little?

:tink:

They make money by booking for you, so I don't tip. However the last TA we used did such a great job I picked up a couple good bottles of local wine to stay thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter