Tips on TDL Park Tickets

Corbisblue

DIS Veteran
I'm going to be in Japan for a month and we are planning on going to Tokyo Disneyland. I've been reading on their website and you can buy tickets online 7 days in advance and can gain entry into the park on a day of high attendance. If you don't have fixed date tickets and visit on a day of high attendance you may not get in right away.

My question is would the middle of June during the week (Monday-Wednesday) be busy enough that if we DIDN'T have a fixed date ticket we would have to wait to get into the park? Or since it's a weekday we should be OK. We are going to avoid the weekend since it will without a doubt be busy.

We would just get fixed date tickets but we are couch surfing with friends and our plans could change on the fly. But if it turns out we might be better off getting tickets in advance then we will.

Based on one of the crowd expectation websites, the only days you need to worry about on the entry restrictions are on Saturdays in June. You shouldn't worry about it if you are going during the weekdays.

Sorry, this is in Japanese, but you get an idea. Numbers in squares are the expected guests (x 1000). When it's 60+, you may need to start worrying about the entry restrictions.

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

Thank you for the advice. I was pretty sure we wouldn't have to worry but wanted to make sure so I'm not disappointed if we showed up and had to wait to get in.

Again thank you!

I was almost going to go on Marine Day but I thought better of it, LOL. ALL the hotels are completely booked! I'm going the following weekend, probably DisneySea on Saturday and Disneyland on Sunday. Found an inexpensive place to stay in Soga, at least it's on the Musashino Line.

So if you pre-purchase fixed-date tickets, you don't have to worry about being turned away due to overcrowding? Hmmm.

I was almost going to go on Marine Day but I thought better of it, LOL. ALL the hotels are completely booked! I'm going the following weekend, probably DisneySea on Saturday and Disneyland on Sunday. Found an inexpensive place to stay in Soga, at least it's on the Musashino Line.

So if you pre-purchase fixed-date tickets, you don't have to worry about being turned away due to overcrowding? Hmmm.

That's the sounds of it. I went to DisneySea on a Saturday (the busiest day of the week) and I got in no problem without a pre-purchased ticket.

Also if you can avoid it (not sure if you can) try and go on a weekday. The weekends are pretty busy and everything will have a wait and fast passes will all be gone by lunch (for the more popular attractions). If you have to go on a weekend get there early!

Also before June 30th you can purchase Passports at a reduced price from almost any convenience store. The one day passport will be 4,800 yen as opposed to 5,800 yen. I can't remember the 2 day passport but I think it's only about 600 yen off. Don't know how good your Japanese is but more than likely the person working the counter won't be able to speak any English. So if it's too much of a hassle and you are only going for 2 days then getting a reduced ticket won't be worth the hassle :)

I am a bit worried because it looks like all the weekends are busy and that is the only time that I can go. Do they fastpass the same as Florida or Calif...or is it different like Paris and you are restricted to the time on your pass?

I am a bit worried because it looks like all the weekends are busy and that is the only time that I can go. Do they fastpass the same as Florida or Calif...or is it different like Paris and you are restricted to the time on your pass?

They do fastpass there at TDR as far as *I* remember, it is the same as FL and Cali. Weekends can be busy but it's going to be like everywhere other Disney park as far as crowds go. Don't get your hopes up, I mean you'll still have fun no matter what and the Japanese are very nice. :)

Yes, fastpass was how I remembered it from the US parks. I was only able to go on a weekend too, and it really wasn't so bad. Spend more time at disneysea than land of you can! Also, don't take pictures in tower of terror or haunted mansion. I wasn't able to understand the opening stories so I just waited and took pictures, and they stopped me!

Buy sunblock outside the park. So expensive inside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter