Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

Boo to Slowboat Willie! We have to get to GF from POFQ next month, and maybe that's not the best choice.

This is served with Trofie Pasta, Marcona Almonds, Sultana Raisins, Herb Crème, Grilled Elf Mushrooms, Haricot Verts, and Lemon-Mustard Jus.
I've never eaten at Narcoosee's, but boy does that look yummy!!!

How appropriate that I sat down with a Bloody Mary and there was a new post from you! :-)

After we got back to the lodge Jason went for a run, Casey went for a swim, and I went for the rum....

Let's rank these activities, shall we? Good, better, best. Winner: Kari.

Turns out the worlds slowest boat driver (nicknamed Slowboat Willie by yours truly) was on the clock

OK, this actually made me laugh out loud. Slowboat Willie! Awesome :rotfl:

And the boys didn't want to be left out.

Laughing at this, too. Clearly your brother fits in *perfectly* with your family!

OK, all that aside, your dinner looks sooooo good and I want to eat pretty much ALL of that RIGHT NOW. Instead I will eat the pickles and jalapeno olives out of my Bloody Mary and try to figure out how and when I am going to get my butt to Narcoossees!

That dinner looked so amazing. My husband would never go. I need a girls trip. Or to go myself!

Yikes I can't imagine how much older I am than the princesses. Definitely more Mary Poppins age.

I think we had we the same cab driver in March. Glad you enjoyed Narcoossees again.

For an appetizer we all shared the Crispy Rhode Island Calamari

This is Fried Calamari Rings with a Peppadew-Banana Pepper and Olive Relish and Tomato Coulis. While I wish they included legs with the rings, the calamari is exceptionally tender and fried to perfection. The pepper and olive relish adds a slightly spicy and briny flavor that goes really well with them fried little critters.
Those look so perfectly fired! I want them in my belly.
atthew and I ordered the same thing, the Wild-caught Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta with Savoy Spinach, Oven-roasted Tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Comté Cheese, Chardonnay-Garlic Cream.

Note this is just half the order, as Casey had my other half. Seafood and cheese is rarely a good combination, but here they have somehow found a way to pull it off. The cheese and the chardonnay garlic sauce is rich and decadent and it pairs nicely with the acidity from the tomatoes and earthy spinach. The shrimp were large and plentiful and the epitome of freshness. #Winning
I'm glad you keep ordering it because then I get to keep seeing pictures of it. Narcoosee's is the only restaurant I need to go to on our next trip so I can get me some of this.

After dinner we elected to cab it back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge rather than deal with Slowboat Willie or busses again. Good news is we got to AKL in record time. Bad news is our cab driver was going at least 70 mph in a 15 passenger van that had over 300,000 miles on it. Not a scary ride at all. But more wine when we returned to the lodge made sure to calm my nerves :-)
I used to take a cab from my dorm to the train station and back the one year I went to Syracuse. It was the most terrifying 10 minutes of my life every time.

Slowboat Willie :rotfl2:

Drooling over the food. I cant wait until my youngest is older so I can go to some of these places.

We could see the Star Wars fireworks from our table at Narcossee's the first time we ate there. The second time we ate there I could see the castle lights turning on during the lighting ceremony. We don't love the food as much as you do, but when we were staying at the GF it was a very convenient place to eat.

I love watching Wishes from outside of Narcoossee's. I like the perspective and the piped in music.

We saw Slowboat Willie when we stayed at the GF in December. Fortunately, he was in the boat behind ours, on the tail of our boat,

We had dinner at Boma on this our trip last month. It was our first AKL restaurant. I hope you ate there so I can read your review. We loved it.

I don't know why I haven't thought to have Chris get the calamari app atNarcoossee's, especially sine he hates the legs and there aren't a year. Also even though I don't like shrimp your dish looks and sounds soooo good, I may have to try it next time and just throw my shrimp on top of someone at the next tables's dish :thumbsup2
I agree with you on the Wishes view there, as cool as it is from CG I like it better outside at Narcoossee's. But you know we love it there anyway.
Matthew's drink is purty :angel:

Mmmmmm! Those scallops! That cheesecake! You are making me hungry......I don't have much booked for my August trip and I am torn over what signature dinner to do. I don't want to do CG again and am thinking of Jiko as I'm staying at AKL. But seeing your pics of Narcoosees and those gorgeous scallops is making me second guess myself. Decisions, decisions!

Ooh, I have never spotted this one before! Yum.. definitely a good poolside drink.
I don't think I'd ever spotted it before either, but it hit the spot. We'll do coconut rum and coconut water during the summer at home (cause its clearly hydrating), but the lime and soda water made it that much better. We'll be recreating these this summer for sure.

I swear, buses at AK can be crazy. We headed to Sanaa last weekend for a quick lunch and waited about 50 minutes for a bus to MK.
Thankfully this was really the only issue we had with the busses.

ever fails!! Between that and the almond crusted cheesecake, I think that's one of the best Disney meals. And you're right, seafood + cheese makes me cringe (although alone, those are two of the best things ever), but somehow they manage to do it so well. Did Matthew love it, too!?
Yeah, it really is one of the best meals which is why we keep having it again and again and again :-) Yeah Matthew really liked it too, though his favorite dish of the week was at Tiffins

It has been years, but I still remember the first time I had this... So good.
Pure perfection!

Those scallops looks so divine. Good old Disney transportation, love your nickname for the boat captain lol. The shrimp dish looks so good and the dessert oh my, I have to try this sometime, it always gets rave reviews. When we stayed at GF, I would watch the electrical water parade each night from that deck. I love it!
I love that the transportation is free, I just wish it was more reliable. You'll have to try Narcoossee's on your next trip, since you'll be right next door :-)

We have dined at Narcoosee's several times during Wishes and we actually prefer watching it from Narcoosee's over Cali Grill. Your pasta looks yummy as well as the calamari Narcoosee's calamari is yummy ::yes:: in our book despite they don't include the legs. I love that Casey has mature palate. So rare in kids.
Yeah, I really liked it more than CG. But shhh, be quiet people will find out our secret :-)

We are very lucky that Casey eats so well. She of course just thinks she eats like us and doesn't know any better :-)

Boo to Slowboat Willie! We have to get to GF from POFQ next month, and maybe that's not the best choice.
Normally the boat is a great experience, this was our one and only time when the driver clearly was not embracing the "efficiency" disney key.

I've never eaten at Narcoosee's, but boy does that look yummy!!!
It is oh so good, you should definitely check it out some time.

How appropriate that I sat down with a Bloody Mary and there was a new post from you! :-)
How appropriate indeed. Feel free to send one down to VA for me :P

Let's rank these activities, shall we? Good, better, best. Winner: Kari.
#Winning

OK, this actually made me laugh out loud. Slowboat Willie! Awesome :rotfl:
Gee thanks. We had so much time to kill waiting for him I needed to do something to keep me busy

Laughing at this, too. Clearly your brother fits in *perfectly* with your family!
Yes he does. Clearly he and I are quite literally cut from the same cloth

OK, all that aside, your dinner looks sooooo good and I want to eat pretty much ALL of that RIGHT NOW. Instead I will eat the pickles and jalapeno olives out of my Bloody Mary and try to figure out how and when I am going to get my butt to Narcoossees!
You and me both want to eat it now!!! We have dinner reservations for 5:45 tonight and I just told Jason there is no way i can wait another 3 hours to eat. So of course I'm on here torturing myself instead. Sadly no pickles or olives to be had :-)

That dinner looked so amazing. My husband would never go. I need a girls trip. Or to go myself!

Yikes I can't imagine how much older I am than the princesses. Definitely more Mary Poppins age.
Does your husband not like seafood? They have lots of other options. Lots of people rave about their steak and Jason has enjoyed the pork before. That was until he discovered the scallops and never looked back :-)

Love your reviews!!
Thanks so much!

I think we had we the same cab driver in March. Glad you enjoyed Narcoossees again.
God help you if you did. That guy was a maniac! Jason sat in the back with Casey and he was literally holding her down on her car seat to keep her from flying around.

i don't even like scallops like that, but that sounds delicious!
I'm with you. I don't even like mushrooms, but this is one dish I may in fact eat them in its that good.

Most reviews make me hungry, this one makes me thirsty, very thirsty. For Mojitos :drinking1:cool1::rotfl2:
Well you know the best medicine for thirst don't ya :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

I'm glad you keep ordering it because then I get to keep seeing pictures of it. Narcoosee's is the only restaurant I need to go to on our next trip so I can get me some of this.
I hope you get to make it there. You will not be disappointed.

I used to take a cab from my dorm to the train station and back the one year I went to Syracuse. It was the most terrifying 10 minutes of my life every time.
Yikes!!!!! We always take cabs to and from the airport from our house and never have an issue. This guy was some sort of maniac though.

Slowboat Willie :rotfl2:

Drooling over the food. I cant wait until my youngest is older so I can go to some of these places.
We started taking Casey to the signatures when she was just 3, so go for it!!!! It's disney so taking kids to fancy places is about as easy as it gets

We could see the Star Wars fireworks from our table at Narcossee's the first time we ate there. The second time we ate there I could see the castle lights turning on during the lighting ceremony. We don't love the food as much as you do, but when we were staying at the GF it was a very convenient place to eat.
Oh wow, wish we could have seen the castle lights. That would have been cool since I've never actually seen it!

I love watching Wishes from outside of Narcoossee's. I like the perspective and the piped in music.
I was surprised how much more I liked it than CG. Plus you can see the water parade too :-)

We had dinner at Boma on this our trip last month. It was our first AKL restaurant. I hope you ate there so I can read your review. We loved it.
We indeed did. It was later in the trip so you'll have to be patient. :-)

I don't know why I haven't thought to have Chris get the calamari app atNarcoossee's, especially sine he hates the legs and there aren't a year.
He would love it then. Since writing this I've gotten myself in a calamari mood - with legs - so that will undoubtedly be on our dining menu tonight!

Also even though I don't like shrimp your dish looks and sounds soooo good, I may have to try it next time and just throw my shrimp on top of someone at the next tables's dish :thumbsup2
As long as I'm the someone at the next table and I get more shrimp, then bring it on :P

Matthew's drink is purty :angel:
So purty!

Mmmmmm! Those scallops! That cheesecake! You are making me hungry......I don't have much booked for my August trip and I am torn over what signature dinner to do. I don't want to do CG again and am thinking of Jiko as I'm staying at AKL. But seeing your pics of Narcoosees and those gorgeous scallops is making me second guess myself. Decisions, decisions!
I'm making myself hungry and its the middle of the freakin' day. If you are only doing one signature I would pick Jiko over Narcoossee's. Clearly we love the seafood there, but I think Jiko offers a better and more exciting menu overall

I'm here, creeping and lurking as usual. This is yet another awesome trip report from you. You and your fam seem like such a fun bunch, I really enjoy following along.

I am so enjoying your reviews! I must say Narcoossee's is the one restaurant we got to every trip. I just cannot not go..lol! We get the bottle of Conundrum as well. I just love that wine! Such a lovely variety of white grapes. The Scallop dish looks amazing. I usually order the Lobster, but I think I just might order the Scallops for our upcoming trip. I cannot wait to read more reviews! Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter