To Go or Not To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea just a really odd tickling feeling, but no pain.
Co-sign. My kids are performers so they’ve had to get tested multiple times on sets, and I’ve had to be tested as well to accompany them. No pain, just that weird tickling sensation for a couple of seconds. They said the same thing.

We have one day tix and park reservations for a day in October but I am thinking about cancelling. Does anyone know the ticket policies - do I get ticket credit that expires (and when)? I am also searching the Disney website and these threads but not finding a clear answer.

We have one day tix and park reservations for a day in October but I am thinking about cancelling. Does anyone know the ticket policies - do I get ticket credit that expires (and when)? I am also searching the Disney website and these threads but not finding a clear answer.
Ticket credit toward the purchase of a future ticket- you will have to pay the difference if the new ticket costs more. Does not expire

We just pulled the plug on our Nov trip (3rd trip cancellation). We live in Canada which adds the pre/post testing requirements etc. For us, it just came down to it would be more enjoyable (hopefully) to go another time. Next trip booked for April. In addition to indoor masking, testing requirements etc., we are concerned with No FP’s, long lines, unopened restaurants etc.

If we do go, I'm planning to bring our own tests with us. My employer is giving home tests out now and I will order extras for my family. Definitely concerned about going though and still on the fence. Trip is a month from today.
Yes. We bought tests from Walmart to bring with us just in case. Thankfully, we didn't end up needing them.

We just pulled the plug on our Nov trip (3rd trip cancellation). We live in Canada which adds the pre/post testing requirements etc. For us, it just came down to it would be more enjoyable (hopefully) to go another time. Next trip booked for April. In addition to indoor masking, testing requirements etc., we are concerned with No FP’s, long lines, unopened restaurants etc.
You're not alone and mentioned key points. One concerning us is if (hopefully not) you need medical attention what will be available. One year during flu season it was impossible to get in any urgent care facility. I can only imagine what it is like now with Covid so widespread.

We just cancelled 8/26--- to take some sting away, rebooked for 12/23- 1/3--- Praying that things start to flatline a bit by that time--- if nothing else, I am ok with masking (or double-masking, if need be--- DD15 and I vaxxed... DS10, not) at that time of the year- August would be tough

Just
You're not alone and mentioned key points. One concerning us is if (hopefully not) you need medical attention what will be available. One year during flu season it was impossible to get in any urgent care facility. I can only imagine what it is like now with Covid so widespread.

This post begs the question...why would anyone travel far from home during this time? I know we need to keep the economy going but if you are worried you can't get health care if you are sick...then why travel in the first place.

When my grandson developed covid like symptoms earlier this month, there was nowhere to take him within 100 miles of WDW. They all wanted a test for urgent care (those few that could see him) and there was absolutely nowhere to get him tested. Even self tests were sold out. It was insane. We ended up driving home where, while we are being hit hard, can still see our dr's and testing is available and easy to get.

This post begs the question...why would anyone travel far from home during this time? I know we need to keep the economy going but if you are worried you can't get health care if you are sick...then why travel in the first place.
Sorry, probably didn't explain enough. Our trip was booked when COVID issues had calmed down. The trip is now cancelled.

When my grandson developed covid like symptoms earlier this month, there was nowhere to take him within 100 miles of WDW. They all wanted a test for urgent care (those few that could see him) and there was absolutely nowhere to get him tested. Even self tests were sold out. It was insane.

Stating the obvious, but with all of the money Disney has, why cant they have testing at the first aid stations at the parks?

you’re right, that is another consideration for us as well. Again for us, we just want our trip to be more stress free and enjoyable so we are willing to wait. There are smaller things as well which in and of themselves are not showstoppers but they tend to add up (e.g. boat transportation for Disney Springs, Epcot and MK resorts)

When my grandson developed covid like symptoms earlier this month, there was nowhere to take him within 100 miles of WDW. They all wanted a test for urgent care (those few that could see him) and there was absolutely nowhere to get him tested. Even self tests were sold out. It was insane. We ended up driving home where, while we are being hit hard, can still see our dr's and testing is available and easy to get.

I'm really surprised to hear this. When we were down in May we got tested because we had cold symptoms (test was negative). We found availability for testing appointments at several nearby CVS stores, so it's never occurred to me that it might not be the same now!

I'm really surprised to hear this. When we were down in May we got tested because we had cold symptoms (test was negative). We found availability for testing appointments at several nearby CVS stores, so it's never occurred to me that it might not be the same now!

In May, the Delta variant had not yet been circulated enough to fuel the surge we are currently in. It was present, but hadn't yet taken over. By July, it was a different circumstance. I compare the initial strains of Covid19 to a Toyota Corolla and the Delta strain to a Ferrari. Both cars can travel, but one is far more speedy and efficient at doing so.

In May, the Delta variant had not yet been circulated enough to fuel the surge we are currently in. It was present, but hadn't yet taken over. By July, it was a different circumstance. I compare the initial strains of Covid19 to a Toyota Corolla and the Delta strain to a Ferrari. Both cars can travel, but one is far more speedy and efficient at doing so.

I'm aware of Delta, just wasn't aware that there isn't adequate testing available to keep up. I just checked for testing availability near WDW, and the first appointment I found at a CVS was for 5 days from now (I didn't check anywhere else, just the nearby CVS stores). That is nuts to me. Good argument for purchasing an at-home test to bring with you, just in case!

When my grandson developed covid like symptoms earlier this month, there was nowhere to take him within 100 miles of WDW. They all wanted a test for urgent care (those few that could see him) and there was absolutely nowhere to get him tested. Even self tests were sold out. It was insane.

Stating the obvious, but with all of the money Disney has, why cant they have testing at the first aid stations at the parks?
View attachment 597216

Because you can’t have any confirmed cases or spread at the Parks if you refuse testing there…

Gothca---just think they need to have someplace that people can go CLOSE to the parks to get tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter