To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

1. Happy Belated Birthday! Awesome you get another 5 min, but you didn't need them anyway! ;)
:bday:

2. That pie looks amazing!

3. Why didn't you tell me that about I pace?! No wonder I had such difficulties with it! :P

1. Happy Belated Birthday! Awesome you get another 5 min, but you didn't need them anyway! ;)
:bday:

2. That pie looks amazing!

3. Why didn't you tell me that about I pace?! No wonder I had such difficulties with it! :P

Thanks, thanks, and oops I guess. I try and instill preparedness in everyone when it comes to Daniels I pace. If it’s not extremely difficult you’re likely not doing it right. But in order to maximize the purpose of the workout you need to be as consistent as possible.

Peanut Butter Dream Pie Recipe

View attachment 491217

Crust
-1.75 cups PB oreo cookies crushed (approx. 36 cookies)
-6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
-3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
-Pinch of salt

Combine cookie crumbs, butter, brown sugar, and pinch of salt. Press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. *The original recipe says to bake it for 8-10 min at 350 degrees, but we don't bake it.

Filling
-1.5 cups heavy cream
-1 cup of marshmallow fluff/cream
-1.5 cups of peanut butter
-4 tablespoons sugar
-Smucker's Hot Fudge topping
-Peanuts

Using an electric mixture, beat 1.5 cups of heavy cream until soft peaks form. Beat 1 cup marshmallow fluff, 1.5 cups creamy peanut butter, and 4 tablespoons of sugar. Occasionally, stop mixer and mix down the bowl to ensure even mixing. Put Smucker's Hot Fudge topping into the microwave for suggested time on container. Pour hot fudge onto cookie pie crust to form a layer. Place pie crust+fudge into fridge for a few minutes to allow to harden. Once fudge has hardened, then pour the PB/marshmallow filling over fudge/crust. Place in freezer overnight. Top with peanuts and Smucker's Hot Fudge topping as desired upon serving. *I feel like these toppings help add some texture and other consistency to the very consistent filling.

Thank you so much!! This looks fabulous. I never thought about using PB Oreos for a crust...genius. And after I saw the pie yesterday, I was thinking it would be good with marshmallow fluff, and sure enough!

You weren't kidding about the calorie bomb, but that's why it's a special treat. Now I will have to think about a good occasion to make it. My birthday isn't until November, and I don't think I can wait that long. :)

Happy belated birthday, Billy! That pie looks amazing and even though I don't cook, I may have to make an exception for that, LOL.

Thanks! Admittedly, I've had my fair share of mishaps in the kitchen, but this is relatively simple to make. I think you should give it a try!

Thank you so much!! This looks fabulous. I never thought about using PB Oreos for a crust...genius. And after I saw the pie yesterday, I was thinking it would be good with marshmallow fluff, and sure enough!

You weren't kidding about the calorie bomb, but that's why it's a special treat. Now I will have to think about a good occasion to make it. My birthday isn't until November, and I don't think I can wait that long. :)

No problem. It's gone through many iterations. Definitely save it for a special treat. Tomorrow is April 29th, International Guide Dog Day! Celebrate with some PB Pie! :thumbsup2

No problem. It's gone through many iterations. Definitely save it for a special treat. Tomorrow is April 29th, International Guide Dog Day! Celebrate with some PB Pie! :thumbsup2

One of the issues right now is the availability of ingredients at grocery stores. I think I will have to gradually accumulate them....everything will keep except the heavy cream. My sister also loves PB/chocolate, so maybe this will be a "celebrate the end of the lockdown so I can visit family" dessert.

One of the issues right now is the availability of ingredients at grocery stores. I think I will have to gradually accumulate them....everything will keep except the heavy cream. My sister also loves PB/chocolate, so maybe this will be a "celebrate the end of the lockdown so I can visit family" dessert.

Solid plan!

Happy belated birthday Billy!! Thanks for the PB pie recipe! That looks delicious! I know what I'm going to have for my birthday now!!

Thanks! It's a must try!

Happy belated birthday! That pie looks SO amazing...that could be my new diet talking. I'm taking a screenshot of that for a rainy day.

Can I exercise your coaching brain?

Since the area around me is hilly, I was thinking about doing some hill repeats. But not sure how - is it by feel or should I attempt a certain pace? What grade% should I look for? How long should I run for? 200m? Or by time? Should I be doing like 2 miles of WU beforehand?

During a maintenance block, are hill repeats advisable? I’ve just been doing 1 day of “speed” (4mi @ CV on a treadmill) and otherwise all easy runs. Should I be switching things up with intervals?

Since the area around me is hilly, I was thinking about doing some hill repeats. But not sure how - is it by feel or should I attempt a certain pace? What grade% should I look for? How long should I run for? 200m? Or by time? Should I be doing like 2 miles of WU beforehand?

During a maintenance block, are hill repeats advisable? I’ve just been doing 1 day of “speed” (4mi @ CV on a treadmill) and otherwise all easy runs. Should I be switching things up with intervals?

I don't typically schedule hill repeats although they are a completely reasonable workout. I usually just tell people not to avoid hills during their normal workouts that are slower than LT pace. For me personally, I've only done hill workouts twice: early in IM training in summer 2019 scheduled by TrainerRoad and during late winter 2020 when I was practicing looped M Tempo pacing in advance of the Milwaukee Marathon. Otherwise, I just do rolling hills everyday to best prepare me for hills on race day.

Daniels guidance appears to be you can do R paced workouts on hills. Just ignore pace and distance and instead use effort and time. One thing he mentions on a few occasions is the use of the treadmill for hill work. He says that setting hard time/effort based treadmill hill segments is useful because you don't have to worry about the downhill section. Meaning you can get in more work and take rests when you want to. Seems to be the steeper you go in grade the shorter the rep should probably be.

Podium runner recently put out a few articles that seem reasonable to me.

https://www.podiumrunner.com/training/why-hills-are-your-friends-during-an-extended-offseason/https://www.podiumrunner.com/training/hill-workouts-speed-strength-endurance/https://www.podiumrunner.com/training/hit-the-hills-reap-the-benefits/
Typically you want to focus on one type of pace for about 6-8 weeks before moving on from it. After 6-8 weeks you start to max out the gains there and need to switch up the stimulus. Now as you move into the second 6-8 week block using a different pace set you can still go back and touch on the 1st block pace, just not as the main focus anymore.

Attached is a paper on CV pace.

Attachments

• Stiles-Critical-Velocity-Article.pdf
    114.2 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter