To quote FtW Mike, “CAPE CARD”

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
Just random pics and stuff this trip…

Ready to leave driveway… 4 “mountain” bikes a challenge on this type rack…
IMG_9349.jpeg

Andrew (13) on the jetty at Rock Harbor.
IMG_9350.jpeg

Cape Cod Baseball League All-star game… Harwich, MA July 22, 2023. My son (the big baseball fan) says 200+ of the MLB drafts this year played in the CCBL.
IMG_9351.jpeg

Hot “Lobstah” roll with butter.. my yearly “must have” on the Cape…
IMG_9357.jpeg

First Encounter Beach early AM before the crowds.. first location the Mayflower pilgrims actually met the natives after their first stops on Cape Cod.
IMG_9358.jpeg

Our other “must have”… the really big, really good donuts from Hole-in-One Donuts in Eastham, same town we stay in..
IMG_9359.jpeg

Cape Cod Baseball League All-star game… Harwich, MA July 22, 2023. My son (the big baseball fan) says 200+ of the MLB drafts this year played in the CCBL.
View attachment 779960

Our local baseball team, the Madison Mallards, are a member of the Northwoods League which is also a collegiate league. The teams in New England get better talent, but we still have had some good players come through. Pete Alonzo played for the Mallards in 2014. Our friends host players in their home and it's fun to see kids you know play.

Oh ... and YUM (!) on the lobster roll. No lobster is safe from me when I visit family in Connecticut.

That Lobstah roll looks great. But the donuts look even more gooderer. Have to do side trip to Eastham for them when we go back in October. The Chatham Anglers are in the same town as My Aunt. Uncle and Sister so if we hit a game we go there.

That Lobstah roll looks great. But the donuts look even more gooderer. Have to do side trip to Eastham for them when we go back in October. The Chatham Anglers are in the same town as My Aunt. Uncle and Sister so if we hit a game we go there.
We get donuts twice during week they do good! Just got back from visiting Chatham fishing pier and shopping/walking downtown Chatham. Stopped at Candy Manor for fudge (and bagged candy for kids) as well as a shirt at the Black Dog for my wife and a pullover for myself. Nice weather here this week!

The boys traditional climb up Doane Rock… largest rock piece left behind on Cape Cod when glaciers retreated last ice age. They estimate another 2/3 of it is buried below.

IMG_9367.jpeg

Jim, I will have to give you a review of Woolfie's Bakery products in October as we didn't find them till the day before we were leaving last trip. I can heartily recommend Short and Sweet Ice Cream Parlor in Chatham. The Heath Bar Crunch was great. Marion's Pie shop a tad farther east on Main Street was Okay but I liked the ones my Aunt got from her place more.
Can hardly wait to hit the Chatham Fishing Pier again . Looking forward to trying their Scallops and maybe some Striper

The cottage where we stay last 9 years:

IMG_9384.jpeg

Race point, like all beaches up hear, talking great whites…

IMG_9389.jpeg

IMG_9388.jpeg

Historic life saving station building at Race Point:

IMG_9390.jpeg

Nauset light with light keeper’s house to left and the oil storage building to right:

IMG_9391.jpeg

Great looking place, Jimmy. But the great white warnings and the water temp would make these non-issues for me. If I'm getting in 63 degree water, a shark is the least of my concern.

j

Teamubr the only thing you need to remember is very simple. You don't need to be faster than the shark, just need to be faster than the people behind and around you. Mostly those behind you.
Hot neon pink wet suits make an excellent deterrent for Great Whites' You would look Fabulous

We visit this occasionally in Eastham….

Windmill for grinding flour. Built approx 1680 in Plymouth… moved to Cape Cod about 100 years later.. operated until just after 1900. Never “restored”, so all wood and on the inside walls is original. They say even for the move they took off the roof/wheel, but did not disassemble it. Metal parts and nails were added at various times over the years, but when you go inside it is in the same condition as the day it “closed up shop” between 1900 and 1910 (I want to say they said it closed in 1903 or 1905)… no further restoration or fixing up or anything, so very cool to examine up close inside and see some of the wood pegs used to hold it together before the nails…

I presume the exterior has needed upkeep through the years.

IMG_9403.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter