To rent or not?

kaymak

Mouseketeer
I am considering renting dvc for our trip in May 06. I have researched each resort. Every time I think I decide on one, I change my mind! We have 2 kids (4,6). Right now, we are booked on the dining plan at Pop Century. I just do not know what is best! Which dvc would be the best as far as best pool and good park transportation?

I would recommend renting points, although you wouldn't have access to the meal plan if that is a feature you are intent on having.

Once upon a time we rented points to stay at VWL. Beware the dangers of renting............as we now own two DVC contracts. Really, if your dates are definite it is a great way to experience a wonderful resort for a great rate.

Now the value resorts provide a wonderful opportunity to stay on property and enjoy all the associated benefits, but they can't compare to a stay at one of the deluxe resorts and DVC villas.

As for which one to stay in, going in May I'd opt for BCV (at least that's what we usually do - although we frequently split trips between BCV and VWL). It has the best pool on property, and it is great for young children. It has a whole shallow sand bottom section that our three kids (1, 3, 6 on our trip in June) love. Our 6 yo also loves the shipwreck slide. You have direct access to both Epcot and the Studios. Epcot isn't the best park for young kids (although there is some good stuff), but it's nice for mom and dad to have the access and it's nice to be able to just walk over for a meal or to see Illuminations. There is also a fair amount of stuff for the little ones at the Studios. Add easy access to the Boardwalk and the location of BCV can't be beat.

Second choice for us (a close second mind you) is VWL. Being able to take the boat to the MK is wonderful, and there is a ton there for the kids. The pools are also very nice and the Hidden Springs pool/hot tub over by the villas is perhaps the most relaxing spot on WDW property.

So I say go for it!

Hi,

We own points at the BCV and at the BWV. I'm very happy with our choices, but VWL was a very, very close second. We had stayed there over Christmas Vacation, and then again over Spring Break. Using the boat and bus service was easy. My kids enjoyed the pool as well. In June, we stayed at the BCV. We just like being able to walk to Epcot and taking the boat over to MGM. We always rent a car, so getting to other parks and DTD is easy too. We haven't stayed at the BWV yet, so I wish that we had rented points there before buying, but I couldn't pass up the contracts at the time. I realized that I enjoyed staying at the WL rooms so much, that I wouldn't miss owning there. Plus, I could always book a stay there with my other points 7 months out if I wanted to. Now, our visit in August will be the 1st time staying in a 1 bedroom with the kitchen. I believe that will make the biggest difference to us. My husband is looking forward to having more space to relax, and I'm looking forward to having more of a 'vacation home' experience with the use of a kitchen and w&d! I've tried deluxe, moderate and value, and found them all to be great. I have a 4 yr. old and a 12 yr. old.
I may be renting out points sometime this year as I made two seperate reservations in anticipation of family members coming with us over the Christmas Holiday. After reading other posts, I know that with family and friends, anything could happen. I just don't want our ressies dependent upon them deciding not to come.

I recommmend renting the points. I agree that BCV has the best pool by far. My kids loved it and spent a lot of time there. It is an easy walk to Epcot. IMO the pool is worth the extra effort it may take to get to the Magic Kingdom. My kids were 9,10 and 11 when we stayed there and enjoyed Epcot. Wilderness Lodge is also great-the atmosphere is less hectic. With DVC it's hard to go wrong. If you have the kitchen you can save time and money on breakfast and lunch and get lots of room. I can't imagine going back to the regular hotel rooms!

BCV has a very cool pool....but wander yourself over to www.tagrel.com and take a look at the slide show with "how am I going to watch kids here." If your 4 and 6 year old have similar swim abilities, you can do it. If the four year old will want to be in the sand and the six year old down the big slide, it will take two adults (and perhaps a Valium).

kaymak said:
I am considering renting dvc for our trip in May 06. I have researched each resort. Every time I think I decide on one, I change my mind! We have 2 kids (4,6). Right now, we are booked on the dining plan at Pop Century. I just do not know what is best! Which dvc would be the best as far as best pool and good park transportation?

Just wanted to mention that renting points should help with the "changing your mind" problem, LOL. Most DVC members consider renting to be a final and nonrefundable transaction. So changing your mind after you've committed to a rental can be very expensive!!! (Most members will allow you to reschedule your trip if necessary, subject to availability and the expiration date of the points that were used to make your reservation).

The good news is that you will probably love any of the DVC resorts. Good luck with your decision.

Best wishes-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter