To the beach from Orlando

Susie Dismom

Mouseketeer
I know this is not an Orlando question, but this seemed the best place to post. Anyone ever venture over to Clearwater or St Pete beach? About how far (time and miles) from Orlando? Also, where did you stay - we want beachfront. This will be the finale after our days at Disney and want to try to continue some "magic."

Susie Dismom,
We've done that and it took us just short of an hour and a half to go to Tampa.We have since decided to go in the opposite direction and go over to Cocoa Beach.That's LESS than an hour from Orlando and the beach,IMO,is better. There are several great places to stay right on the beach and we've always liked it.Something to think about.Oh,you might want to visit this web site:www.cocoabeach.com for LOTS of info.
:wave:

I too think that I would head to the ocean instead of the gulf, but either one makes for a great day at the beach!

We have done both, Cocoa beach is only about 1 hr. drive and if your lucky youll see the disney cruise ships, thur.sat.sun. its in port til 5 p.m. and the ocean/beaches are really nice. We went to tampa 5 years ago and had a hard time just finding a beach to visit. The water wasnt as nice as expected. We stayed on the main drag at a comfort suites. About a 1 or more from the beach.

We've been to St Pete's for the second week of our US hols after Orlando for the last four years - we love it. We stayed at the Holiday Inn - the best views on the beach from their revolving rooftop restaurant. ALL the rooms have water views - sit and watch the dolphins from your balcony.

We also stayed at Radisson Suites on Sand Key (Clearwater) - superb.

Enjoy - whatever decision you make as the water is warmer over there than our beach here!!!:p

Do you have kids? Are they going swimming? The Atlantic is too rough for small children or adults like me that don't like to be pelted by huge waves. I live on the East coast(Daytona area) and I perfer the gulf beaches. The sunsets, the white sand and they are much more family oriented. Cocoa is beautiful if you just want to walk the beach and see the cruise ships but pier 60 at clearwater has a playground, free music on weekends at sunset and you can actually swim without a lifeguard. There are many hotels in walking distance and beach access is free and clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter