Toddler on Magic vs Fantasy

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
How does the toddler splash area on the Magic compare to Nemos Reef on the Fantasy?

Also, I just read about toddler time on sea days on the Fantasy inside one of the stacks (I think). Do they do something like this on the Magic?

The second picture was AquaLab - not toddler (swim diaper) friendly.

Nemo's reef on the Fantasy:
nemo's reef fantasy 2014 20038 P1030180 1500.jpg

Nephews Splash zone on the Magic:
P1080882 1500.jpg

Nemo's Reef is 3x the size of the Nephew's Splash zone on the Magic. Honestly, the area on the Magic really doesn't compare. Yes, its a dedicated area for the young ones to get wet in who are still in swim diapers and its certainly better than nothing, but there's not nearly as much to keep them entertained. No slide, no rainfall curtain, a lot less space/capacity. As the photo shows, it's just the 3 nephews to squirt water and some pop jets on the floor. That being said, I'm booked on the Magic in a few weeks and sailing with a 20 month old. The little ones' interests do fall to wayside, sometimes, when making decisions on ships, itineraries, sail dates, etc., especially when they don't know what they are missing and/or can't really vocalize it yet -- and it's not like you're sailing on a cruise line/ship that has nothing for the little ones in diapers. But, obviously, my disappointment shows, though -- its such a great area on the Dream class ships, I wish DCL had tried to carry that through a little more when they re-imagined the Magic.

OK, end rant. In all likelihood, your little one will still love running around and getting wet no matter what!

There's more than just the splash zone onboard. They also have toddler activities scheduled (just check your Naviagator daily). And Oceaneer's Club/Lab has Open House hours daily that you can take her to. The nursery also is available.

Agree with this. The Wake up with Disney Junior dance party in the mornings is fun. Plus toddler open play activities on the Goofy sports deck. And the open houses at the clubs are great to take advantage of. Still lots to do with a toddler, just limited wet activities

Agree with this. The Wake up with Disney Junior dance party in the mornings is fun. Plus toddler open play activities on the Goofy sports deck. And the open houses at the clubs are great to take advantage of. Still lots to do with a toddler, just limited wet activities

Thx. Last year we missed them as they seemed to fall during naps. Hopefully that won't be the case this year.

Wow, that's awesome! I was on Magic last year and didn't know about this. Does anyone have pictures?
I've read that the nursery will host toddler time in this space and bring mats, etc., for the kids to roll around on, separate from booked and paid for nursery time (parents must stay). I'm not sure if the play space is available all the time or only during the planned activities. I haven't used the space, so perhaps someone who has can shed more light.

I've read that the nursery will host toddler time in this space and bring mats, etc., for the kids to roll around on, separate from booked and paid for nursery time (parents must stay). I'm not sure if the play space is available all the time or only during the planned activities. I haven't used the space, so perhaps someone who has can shed more light.
It was open on our EBTA last year pretty much anytime. I'm not sure if I got pictures....I'll look.

OK, here's what I have:

Standing on the port side walk this is the wall around the toddler area. You can see the internet help desk still in the front left (left from the internet cafe)
toddler area magic 2016 P1080839 1500.jpg

And, looking over the wall:
toddler area magic 2016 P1080840 1500.jpg

The gate into this area is on the wall to the left. You can't see it in that picture, but you can see a lady standing behind Rapunzel (to the left) who's standing at the gate (short solid panel gate with latch) in this one
rapunzel magic 2016 2811 P1100168 1500.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter