Tokyo Disney Itinerary-May 2024

Probably just the train. The paddleboat is fine, but nothing amazing (and may currently be closed).
The paddleboat is the same as WDW and DLR, specifically DLR's Mark Twain, same name. I know it's closed at some point in June, during our trip :(

TDR explorer just released a video showing the lines to get in the park at different times. I thought it was pretty interesting. I think our first two days we’ll get there early for happy entry and our third/fourth days we might wait until 9:30 am to avoid the long wait to get in the park.

TDR explorer just released a video showing the lines to get in the park at different times. I thought it was pretty interesting. I think our first two days we’ll get there early for happy entry and our third/fourth days we might wait until 9:30 am to avoid the long wait to get in the park.
I watched that. I think the English voice for the monorail is the same as one of the US parks.

We are not rope drop people. My line of thinking is that the benefit of shorter lines in the morning really needs to take into account the amount of time you waited to get in and then it’s a really long wait. The only benefit is that it increases what you can do within the hours the park is open. I feel that we have enough time in both parks that we will be able to do everything we want. So I rather want to be well rested and in a happy mood than start my day already exhausted from an early morning and a long wait to get in. I am also too old to sit on the ground comfortably, leisure sheet or not. But everyone has different circumstances and I see the argument for both sides. It’s mainly a question of personal priorities.

We are not rope drop people. My line of thinking is that the benefit of shorter lines in the morning really needs to take into account the amount of time you waited to get in and then it’s a really long wait. The only benefit is that it increases what you can do within the hours the park is open. I feel that we have enough time in both parks that we will be able to do everything we want. So I rather want to be well rested and in a happy mood than start my day already exhausted from an early morning and a long wait to get in. I am also too old to sit on the ground comfortably, leisure sheet or not. But everyone has different circumstances and I see the argument for both sides. It’s mainly a question of personal priorities.
I think we will try it the first day for Disneyland and if we feel like it was too long maybe at Disney sea we will show up later. I’m more worried about Disneyland because there’s way more ds can ride compared to DisneySea so we need to try and get priority passes early.

I think we will try it the first day for Disneyland and if we feel like it was too long maybe at Disney sea we will show up later. I’m more worried about Disneyland because there’s way more ds can ride compared to DisneySea so we need to try and get priority passes early.
The lines waiting at RD are so orderly, it looks like you would be able to get your place in line and then take turns walking around with your DS if he gets restless.

The lines waiting at RD are so orderly, it looks like you would be able to get your place in line and then take turns walking around with your DS if he gets restless.
Exactly! Get your leisure sheet, relax and as long as one of you stays with the spot, you are OK. My husband had emergency phone calls on the last trip 2x, and it was easy for him to go away and take a call. Also, it gave the ladies nearby time to talk to us, which they didn't do when my husband was there. :-)

I’m a little worried about waiting in line for an hour+ with ds. That’s a really long time for him. The longest he’s really ever waited in a line is about 30 minutes
Our 2.5 year old did okay with the waiting.

The parks all opened 30 minutes early, so we were really only "standing still in line" for 30-ish minutes. We took breakfast to eat in line and she was generally happy chilling in the pram, sitting on the leisure mat or going for a walk and spotting all the cool character hats, plushes, etc that people were wearing or holding.

I don't think we even had to resort to watching TV on our phones (although we did have to resort to that when waiting in some of the lines, like Toy Story Mania which was posted as 30/40 minutes, but took 90+ minutes).

Got our Crystal Palace lunch booked tonight and bought the last two days of park tickets. I think we have everything booked for Tokyo Disney that we can do ahead of time. That’s the only restaurant we’re making a reservation at. Now we just sit and wait for the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter