Tokyo Disney Ticket Question

HHISand

Mouseketeer
We (three of us) are planning to go to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea during the last week of May. I just bought my tickets through Klook and the attachment to the email says a printout will not work for entry and they have to be displayed on a smartphone and scanned for entry. Since there are three tickets on each attachment, does that mean I need to forward the emails to others and just make sure we are each scanning a different ticket in the attachment? Or is there another way to do this?

I've never displayed it on a smartphone and always printed out the page with the QR code to scan at the entrance.

But if you feel nervous about that, then make sure each person has a ticket on their phone. Don't keep all the tickets on one phone and swipe through at the entrance because that will hold up the line. TDR is more efficient than the US parks and each person is expected to have their ticket fully ready to scan by the time they get to the front.

Thank you, gelatoni fan! Did you use Klook to purchase your tickets? The printed out tickets specifically say they cannot be used for entry but I would think the QR code would be the same on the phone and the printout.

Thank you, gelatoni fan! Did you use Klook to purchase your tickets? The printed out tickets specifically say they cannot be used for entry but I would think the QR code would be the same on the phone and the printout.

I used tickets from Klook in February and used the printed tickets to enter the park. I didn't notice anything about them not being available for entry but admittedly, I didn't really read everything closely.

We just bought our tickets through Klook, and after buying them I noticed under the type of ticket and cost of the ticket stating

"This ticket can be used to enter the park only if it is displayed on a smart phone( printed tickets are not accepted)"

So I downloaded the Klook app, set it up with my email, and like magic they appeared.

I talked to my friend and she and her family visited Disney Sea for one day, they had plans change last minute and they ended up stopping in Japan for a couple of day before heading home so they decided go to TDR, and they used the paper tickets.

So I have both and we are covered either way. When I do my travel trip report I will let everyone know how it worked out.

May I ask what the advantage is to buy tickets from Klook ? Is it cheaper ?

May I ask what the advantage is to buy tickets from Klook ? Is it cheaper ?

A lot of non-Japanese credit cards can't be used to buy tickets on the official website or at most convenience stores in Japan. I have paid cash for Tokyo Disney tickets at convenience stores in the past but most foreigners don't want to deal with the Japanese-only machines there.

At certain times, coupons and exchange rate fluctuations can make Klook a tiny bit cheaper but the main reason is to use non-Japanese credit cards on an English language website.

We were there at the end of March. We bought our tickets on Klook and then printed them before we left for our trip. I also had screen shots on my phone. Upon arriving at the gate, after getting through security, I was unsure what to do. The Cast Member waved me down and we just scanned our printed QR codes from Klook.

AFTER our tickets were scanned, we were able to scan those QR codes into the Disney Resort App for Disney Premier Access, Standby Pass and Entry Request.

You can totally use paper tickets - that’s what you get when you buy them at the Disney Resort. You just scan them into the App after entering the park.

..and we had no luck purchasing Premier Access. We had to go to Guest Relations to purchase as credit card would not work in App (does work in person) …at least with Visa.

You can totally use paper tickets - that’s what you get when you buy them at the Disney Resort. You just scan them into the App after entering the park.

..and we had no luck purchasing Premier Access. We had to go to Guest Relations to purchase as credit card would not work in App (does work in person) …at least with Visa.

That's odd. My TD Visa Aeroplan worked, even though I had to enter an authorization code on the app from a text each time I purchased premier access. I was able to buy my tickets on the official tokyo disney site with it as well.

That's odd. My TD Visa Aeroplan worked, even though I had to enter an authorization code on the app from a text each time I purchased premier access. I was able to buy my tickets on the official tokyo disney site with it as well.

The difference is most likely that you had data and access to your texts. Not everyone is going to have access so if they were getting fraud alerts or something they need to respond to they won't get it until they are back in their own country with cell service.

I have data (using Airalo eSIM)- but no access to texts. So that definitely would not have worked for me. But I did not get prompted ..it just failed (Scotiabank Passport Visa). Was no big deal, was easy enough to go to guest relations and purchase it. It showed up in the App after doing that to show the QR code.

I assume the OP is here at Tokyo Disney like we are but thought I would post an update that might help others. We bought our tickets through Klook and got the same warning that the QR code needed to be on our smart phones and that print outs wouldn’t work. We used printouts yesterday and today with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter