TOTW policy change?

I was there last Friday (9/15) and the podium was up on the 16th floor. Signs at the elevator asking members to come up to the 16th and be ready to present your DVC membership. Portable bar was set up outside for fireworks viewing/lounging outside. Inside was closed off due to the standard upcharge event.

If you are staying at another resort and want to drive there, do they allow you to park there to go up to TOTW?

If you are staying at another resort and want to drive there, do they allow you to park there to go up to TOTW?

Yes. My understanding is that they will confirm you are eligible at the security gate to visit.

I have also seen reports that it must be after the lounge has opened for the night.

Sometimes things happen. My DSis just came up to the lounge to meet us one time. She was to text me and I was supposed to go down, show my blue card to get her. Somehow, she just met me up there.

Has anyone seen anything for holiday events in the lounge? I’m making my dining reservations but I haven’t seen anything for special events so curious. Tia.

I stayed at BLT for 8 nights earlier this month. I’m eligible for membership extras and own at BLT but never had to prove my eligibility whilst I was there and was able to go up to the observation deck on 3 occasions to watch the fireworks during the stay. Each time there was nobody in the lobby checking credentials and the podium was located just outside the lounge so you didn‘t need to prove eligibility if you just wanted to go to the observation deck. My parents were staying with me but they aren’t members. One night I went into MK to watch HEA and they said they said they had no problem going up to the observation deck to watch HEA even though I wasn’t with them.

On Oct 15th, the podium was just outside TOTWL and we rode the elevator up to the 16th by just pushing the button. I stopped to ask the front desk and she seemed annoyed that I didn't know that I was supposed to just go on up without any downstairs checkin. Just offering my recent data point.

On Oct 15th, the podium was just outside TOTWL and we rode the elevator up to the 16th by just pushing the button. I stopped to ask the front desk and she seemed annoyed that I didn't know that I was supposed to just go on up without any downstairs checkin. Just offering my recent data point.
Also, I had a party of 9 and the lady at the podium said we'd only have about an hour so the server would bring our check around 9pm, which was the polite way of saying we have paying reservation guests so get out. Our server and the kitchen were fairly slow so we didn't get our food until 845 and I had to ask for the check at 915 as I wanted to leave before we were booted. That being said, the lounge was not full when we left and there were several empty tables and sofas so we likely left before we were ready for no good reason.

I would make use of the lounge more often if they would bring back the blue flag boats so that I could get from the Wilderness Lodge to BLT easily. :)
You will have heard by now Blue Flag boats have started again! 🙂

I also just wandered up TOTWL in August and joined a list, no-one seemed to check eligibility/magic band etc
Took about 45 mins to get a table.

I’m so excited!! We will make good use of this during Thanksgiving week, as that is mainly a “resort only” stay and we plan to check out activities at the different MK resorts.

That was my initial thought, maybe they just closed it early. I can't recall, but do they remove the podium at night or do they usually leave it there? There was no podium at all when we arrived.

FWIW, it was pretty crowded up there that night, more so than we had seen it in the past...

Yes, we were able to select 16, no card needed.
That is odd. We've never gone up without being checked in and aCM using their card on the elevator.

Seems as tho they love to tweak the process

we did a two night add on to our ”xmas” trip. Originally starting 11/27 with a cruise, then onto WLV.

was worried about possible bad weather coming from the north, decided to come in the Saturday after Thanksgiving for two nights, starting the 25th

nothing was available thru DVC. I assume (since we did wind up booking a cash room onsite) we are not eligible to go to the deck for FW those nights?

nothing was available thru DVC. I assume (since we did wind up booking a cash room onsite) we are not eligible to go to the deck for FW those nights?
The wording specifically says: "Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members with access to Membership Extras may enjoy this exclusive space just outside Magic Kingdom park when using their Membership to stay at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash)."

You aren't using your membership, so technically don't qualify. But if it's no great inconvenience to travel to BLT, I'd give it a try. I'm assuming that language exists to keep locals from turning the lounge into a daily hangout when they aren't staying at a Disney resort. In practice, I don't know how rigidly the CMs will enforce that clause, given that you are actually staying at a Disney resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter