Touring Plans

livingwiththeLandon

Earning My Ears
Any good touring plans out there for each park? 1st time WDW expert visiting next week for 4 park days. Staying on property.
Do not plan on using Premier Access.

Hi there!

Some questions:

- When are you going?
- Who is in your party?
- Are we talking 4 full park days or 2 full days and 2 travel days with a few hours?
- What do you like to do in WDW? Do you favour rides over shows, do you like to meet characters?
- What is your aim, to do it all multiple times or rather a relaxed pace to take time to smell the roses?
- Open to close, or late starts, do you need breaks?

Hi there!

Some questions:

- When are you going?
- Who is in your party?
- Are we talking 4 full park days or 2 full days and 2 travel days with a few hours?
- What do you like to do in WDW? Do you favour rides over shows, do you like to meet characters?
- What is your aim, to do it all multiple times or rather a relaxed pace to take time to smell the roses?
Going June 26-29 for 4 full park days
3 in party
Want to do and experience it all.
Stay from open to close

If you have 4 days with EMH, I wouldn't bother too much with a park plan. You will have roughly 14 hours per day. You are there just before the Summer holidays start. It will be busier than January, but not Summer busy yet.

With so much time, it's easier to just do the rides/experiences per land and not go criss cross through the park.

I would start 2 days in the Park, one day go left to Big Thunder Mountain, the other go right to Space Mountain.
Same for Studios, one day go left to Marvel, the other day go right to Crush' Coaster.

What could throw a wrench in your plans is the possibility of a Cast Member strike. For that the best thing you can do is go with the flow and go into the opposite direction. That's the time for the distraction attractions like the maze or to explore Adventureland, have an extra snack and enjoy the beauty of the park.
And the moment you have the option to see a show, do it. Don't leave the fireworks to the last night.

Oh, Karin1984, would you mind if I ask for your expert knowledge??
Hi there!

Some questions:

- When are you going?
- Who is in your party?

We will be there towards the end of May - we are coming over on the EBTA. It will be me 31, and my mother 68. We want to experience the parks as fully as possible because we realize we may not have the opportunity to revisit with all the other places she wants to go - so we are open to staying as many days as necessary to get the full experience, but don’t want to spend more than necessary. We would like to stay on property - I know there are cheaper alternatives, but since we are going to do it, we want to do it like we aren’t going to do it again. Just for some backstory… The absolute biggest reason we have decided to go ahead and come from Barcelona is for me - I LOVE Ratatouille and the thought of being in Paris at DLP is just my ultimate weakness! (I have been reading and know not to expect much at the Remy themed dining, so my expectations have been managed about that!) We have been to WDW a lot, so our visits are generally focused on the rides, but since we are planning for this to be a one and done, we would be interested in the can’t miss shows and are willing to stay longer if needed to see them. So this trip to DLP, rides and the exceptional shows will be equal priority. But no interest in the character meets. We will likely go open to close. Would love and appreciate your thoughts!!!

Oh, Karin1984, would you mind if I ask for your expert knowledge??

We will be there towards the end of May - we are coming over on the EBTA. It will be me 31, and my mother 68. We want to experience the parks as fully as possible because we realize we may not have the opportunity to revisit with all the other places she wants to go - so we are open to staying as many days as necessary to get the full experience, but don’t want to spend more than necessary. We would like to stay on property - I know there are cheaper alternatives, but since we are going to do it, we want to do it like we aren’t going to do it again. Just for some backstory… The absolute biggest reason we have decided to go ahead and come from Barcelona is for me - I LOVE Ratatouille and the thought of being in Paris at DLP is just my ultimate weakness! (I have been reading and know not to expect much at the Remy themed dining, so my expectations have been managed about that!) We have been to WDW a lot, so our visits are generally focused on the rides, but since we are planning for this to be a one and done, we would be interested in the can’t miss shows and are willing to stay longer if needed to see them. So this trip to DLP, rides and the exceptional shows will be equal priority. But no interest in the character meets. We will likely go open to close. Would love and appreciate your thoughts!!!
Ok, so we have a once in a lifetime trip, adult daughter & mother who want to do it all, open to close, no characters, after a TA cruise.
I would firstly recommend at least one rest day between the cruise and any other activity. I have done the WBTA last year, and even when you 'don't do anything on a cruise', you can be exhausted from the travel. It'll be a long 2 weeks and yours ends with several port intensive days.

If you can spare the time and money, I would stay in Barcelona for a day or two to store all the memories of one trip in your brain, before going on to the next.

Ok, I'm going to adjust what I said in a previous thread, yes, mid May is a good time to visit, however...
You arrive in Barcelona on 18 May. 19 and 20 May are public holidays. Not in Spain, but they are in France and several other European countries. This means that it's a long weekend off for a lot of people. These days will be busier than other days.

My thoughts:
- Book Santa Fe or Cheyenne. If you stay open to close, there is really no reason to go for a place that is more expensive, if all you need is a bed.
- Go for 3 full park days (which can also be 2 full days, and 2 half days due to travel), to do everything at a relaxed pace. I would suggest to travel to Paris on Monday 20th.
- Many new shows have been announced for next year, so we do not know exactly yet what to expect, but for shows I would put Mickey and the Magician and Lion King - Rhyhtms of the Pride Lands on your list for sure. I am going to assume that the new drone show will be just as good as the current one. Same goes for the new hub show. Probably not to be missed. I have no idea what to expect from an Alice in Wonderland stunt show, but let's put it on the list of something unique.
While absolutely good shows, if you are in a time squeeze, I would skip Disney Jr. and Together.
- About food... indeed adjust your expectations when you are used to WDW table service meals. It's absolutely not bad or inedible. It's just at a different level (and overpriced ;-) ) there are plenty of people who love Remy. So if this is your dream, go for it.
My favourite restaurants are in Disney Village.
- Be prepared for lots of walking. I would also advice to make sure you are in good shape. It's much easier to walk from the hotels to the parks, between parks, than it is in WDW. Taking the bus usually takes you longer and it's not convenient with security. When you walk from the hotels, you have your own security and you are not in the lines with the general public.

These are the first things to come to mind. Happy planning!

Ok, so we have a once in a lifetime trip, adult daughter & mother who want to do it all, open to close, no characters, after a TA cruise.
I would firstly recommend at least one rest day between the cruise and any other activity. I have done the WBTA last year, and even when you 'don't do anything on a cruise', you can be exhausted from the travel. It'll be a long 2 weeks and yours ends with several port intensive days.

If you can spare the time and money, I would stay in Barcelona for a day or two to store all the memories of one trip in your brain, before going on to the next.

Ok, I'm going to adjust what I said in a previous thread, yes, mid May is a good time to visit, however...
You arrive in Barcelona on 18 May. 19 and 20 May are public holidays. Not in Spain, but they are in France and several other European countries. This means that it's a long weekend off for a lot of people. These days will be busier than other days.

My thoughts:
- Book Santa Fe or Cheyenne. If you stay open to close, there is really no reason to go for a place that is more expensive, if all you need is a bed.
- Go for 3 full park days (which can also be 2 full days, and 2 half days due to travel), to do everything at a relaxed pace. I would suggest to travel to Paris on Monday 20th.
- Many new shows have been announced for next year, so we do not know exactly yet what to expect, but for shows I would put Mickey and the Magician and Lion King - Rhyhtms of the Pride Lands on your list for sure. I am going to assume that the new drone show will be just as good as the current one. Same goes for the new hub show. Probably not to be missed. I have no idea what to expect from an Alice in Wonderland stunt show, but let's put it on the list of something unique.
While absolutely good shows, if you are in a time squeeze, I would skip Disney Jr. and Together.
- About food... indeed adjust your expectations when you are used to WDW table service meals. It's absolutely not bad or inedible. It's just at a different level (and overpriced ;-) ) there are plenty of people who love Remy. So if this is your dream, go for it.
My favourite restaurants are in Disney Village.
- Be prepared for lots of walking. I would also advice to make sure you are in good shape. It's much easier to walk from the hotels to the parks, between parks, than it is in WDW. Taking the bus usually takes you longer and it's not convenient with security. When you walk from the hotels, you have your own security and you are not in the lines with the general public.

These are the first things to come to mind. Happy planning!
Wow! This is amazing!! Thank you so much!!! We have already booked May
18-21 in Barcelona at the Royal Ramblas Hotel. If you have any must do-s there, I am all ears!! From there, we planned to make our way up to Paris stopping along the way maybe in Provence and Lyon (still working on those details, so open to your suggestions!) and do Paris pre-DLP. We figure we will go by train (also open to suggestions on the trains!), but rental car is definitely a no - I have had a seizure recently so no driving for a year and mom could drive, but we aren’t used to the driving style and would just like to avoid! Haha. We estimate that we will try to do DLP that following Monday May 27 to avoid the weekend. We will definitely do Mickey and the Magician and Lion King. I know it isn’t necessary, but we will likely do the reserved seating for Lion King because my Mom is not a patient person and I know this is just an easier option! I know how to manage her. Lol. For food, I think we will stick to quick service during the day, but may do a table service for dinner - even if the food isn’t great, I figure a dedicated place to sit and recuperate to make sure we are good to go for the rest of the evening will be best. Also in making sure to manage her, I think we may just bite the bullet on Marvel or the newly reopened Disneyland Hotel. She’s a stubborn old bird and I just like the path of least resistance so the money spent will be worth it. 😅 lol. So for the 3 full day recommendation, would you do the 3 day/2 night transferring to an offsite property after the park on that third day or do the 4 day/3 night using that last day as a half day? I’m not sure why thinking this through for Americans is so hard! 🤯 lol.

Again, thank you SO much for all your help!!!

For a Disney fan who has been to WDW many times, I think:
  • 1 day can be rushed just to see the differences
  • 2 days are just enough to do everything
  • 3 days is plentiful
  • 4 days start to get boring
Barcelona is a fantastic city with many sights and attractions. Just pleasant to walk around and great food. But if I have to name one thing, I literally felt in love with the work of Gaudì. The Sagrada Familia is an absolute must do, it's incredible. But also casa Battlò and park Guell are not to be missed.

For a Disney fan who has been to WDW many times, I think:
  • 1 day can be rushed just to see the differences
  • 2 days are just enough to do everything
  • 3 days is plentiful
  • 4 days start to get boring
Barcelona is a fantastic city with many sights and attractions. Just pleasant to walk around and great food. But if I have to name one thing, I literally felt in love with the work of Gaudì. The Sagrada Familia is an absolute must do, it's incredible. But also casa Battlò and park Guell are not to be missed.
Noted!! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter