TouringPlans.com - worth it?

Can you create a touring plan with park hopping?

You would have to make to separate touring plans. One for your morning park and one for your afternoon park. You would just adjust your start and end times accordingly.

I have always used the book, "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" to plan my trips since the 80's. When the same people started the website I started using that also. I also use easywdw. What I like about the website the most is the customized touring plans. I put inn the park I want to visit and what I want to see and do and where I want to eat and ask the site to "optimize" my plan. I then take that plan and move some things around based on what I want to do and then ask the site to "evaluate" which doesn't change what I've moved, it just tells me how long the waits and walking time will probably be. This helps me make my FP+ reservations which I also input into my customized plan and "evaluate" again to take into account the
fp+ making my wait time shorter. The website is working hard to keep the planning tools up to date as FP+ changes. I still find it very useful and worth the money.

I purchased it for my last visit. And purchased it again for my next visit.

1) Long term planning - Crowd calendar for determining when to go - I am using both Tourplan and EasyWDW (do an internet search, and you will find other as well). But mostly rely on TP and Easy, time constraints for those going with me, weather.

2)Mid term planning - Crowd calendar with park specifics for determining which park to be in. More important than ever. I am using TP and Easy - love when they agree. I read the explanations on Easy and find them very helpful.

3)Short term planning - Ride wait times. I think I will be using TouringPlan mostly, since it gives Posted and input from people that are actually there. Right now, from what I have read here, Disney does not have a good handle on determining wait times I expect that to improve. I will also be using WDW's Official ap (MDE?).

I might play around with the Plans on TouringPlans, but do not plan to use them. I just do not plan down to that level.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 exactly what I do!

I agree- an app that relies only on other users posting times is not very helpful. Thankfully, TP does not rely on that. With as many users as they now have, they can use it as a tool... But they have historical data (which is helpful, just not as helpful as it was before FPP) and researchers in the parks every day. The team proudly describes themselves as nerds and they take theme park statistics to a crazy level. Their blogs and explanations are intense! In my experience they have adapted to FPP with ease and their data is still accurate.

Another 'pro' for us is that TP predicts the wait times for upcoming days. I don't plan as much as I used to, but I'll often take a look at the next day and see when our top rides are predicted to have longer wait times. It helps me make a morning 'must do' list. Especially now since FPP is causing some rides have longer lines than we've seen in the past (TP has a great blog post on that... I think it was posted Friday?).

Sounds like it didn't work for your family on that trip. No flames, it's good to share that experience. I would just say it hasn't been 'pointless' or 'useless' for us and I recommend the $10 gamble. YMMV.

Thank you, you saved me the time ;). I have listened to the research that TP does, it really is quite remarkable. TP is usually pretty accurate with wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter