Touringplans subscription.... still useful during Covid time??

I subscribe. I love the reservation finder. Yes it's free, but since I have never not gotten a reservation I wanted using it I subscribe more as a thank you. I do look at crowd calendars, but I more as a guide than an absolute.

I've always used touring plans, but this past summer was the first time I used it during Covid. I create a personalized plan, click 'done' after each ride and then reoptimize. It has always been amazing for us, even this past summer(when crowds were very low but some rides still had long lines). I don't think I would ever use a premade plan because we like to choose exactly what we want to ride. When using it, we walk past rides with long rides and come back when the line is short, or get on a ride with a short line and walk past shortly after when the line is long. I plan to use it again for our next trip. They redesigned the app, but it looks pretty good from what I've seen.
I have built numerous touring plans but always tossed them and done our own thing once in the park. Your message has encouraged me to give them a try our next trip and use your tip to reoptimize after each ride. If nothing else, would be fun to see where it takes us.

In the past we would play a game we called 'spin for a FP' to see what was available but since that's not an option right now I like your idea of using a touring plan.

Disboards for needed information, Touring Plans for well, touring plans i always personalize, as well as their reservation finder, and Kenny the Pirate for character greeting locations and times when that was a thing-my trifecta for a successful WDW trip. Disboards restaurant, resort, and attractions and strategies have proven to be the most helpful to me, but rumors and news is certainly interesting!

I recently had to renew my WDW TP subscription and they offered me a discounted rate of $11.95, which is a steal IMO. I thought that was very nice of them.

I've been a subscriber for quite a few years. I do not really need daily plans but I like the process of planning things out. Then I can also look back on past trips! I really like the work they do. I appreciate the room finder/requests, dining alerts and Lines App.

I've always used touring plans, but this past summer was the first time I used it during Covid. I create a personalized plan, click 'done' after each ride and then reoptimize. It has always been amazing for us, even this past summer(when crowds were very low but some rides still had long lines). I don't think I would ever use a premade plan because we like to choose exactly what we want to ride. When using it, we walk past rides with long rides and come back when the line is short, or get on a ride with a short line and walk past shortly after when the line is long. I plan to use it again for our next trip. They redesigned the app, but it looks pretty good from what I've seen.

Great advice. Thank you.

I find it worth the money . While reservation finder is free, I don't mind supporting them for it. Also room requests are easy through them.
With all the changes, I don't find the crowd calendar much help. Its interesting to look at the variation between theirs and KTP. For our trip, many days are polar opposites.

I found it useful on our January trip. Their wait times were more accurate than Disney's.
I like their wait time app, but its only as good as the number of people using it and posting.
I would agree, that if many are using it, its much more accurate.

does anyone recommend subscribing to touring plans for the use of line time accurate information while in the parks ... since covid the times in line are difficult to judge ....

I also use it to decide on which park to schedule each day. While it may not be 100% accurate, it’s better than randomly choosing.

Yep and this is a great reminder to actually post your times if you use it.
Yes! Admittedly, we are so bad at it, especially in the mornings when we're trying to hit as many attractions as possible. On our last trip, we were trying to be better about that. DD14 was great about remembering to start/stop.

I think many people must do the same thing in the a.m. because the last two trips we found the morning wait times to be terribly off, but afternoon/evenings were pretty spot on. I plan on renewing for sure.

Long time subscriber. Started with ride wait times. I quickly progressed to the crowd calendar to schedule park days (really important now with park reservations). I also use the included room FAX request service (which can be hit or miss). Dining location menus are easier to get to than in MDE. Pre-COVID I used the website experimental reservation finder service to score an Oga's reservation. Using the actual touring plan feature is certainly helpful but our use has fallen off (mainly because I can no longer get my group up early enough).

I would say it is worth it, at least to us. I used the line estimates a TON during our last trip. I also used the timer to time how long we were in lines as well as to submit those times to help out others in the parks.

I tried out the reservation finder this time around and, while I got messages about openings for the ADRs I was searching for, it didn't matter how fast I clicked, they were always gone by the time I went in to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter