Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

Anybody know if Disney visa holders get an early registration or if that's for bigger races? And if we do... How does it work or how are we notified?

Anybody know if Disney visa holders get an early registration or if that's for bigger races? And if we do... How does it work or how are we notified?

Run disney confirmed today no early registration for visa holders for 2014 Disneyland half (ap and DVC early reg was today). They did say Visa card holders would get a discount on race fees ($10 or $15). With the past few race registrations there never seems to be an official word about visa early registration or discount.. Chase website is useless and the emails often go out after registration is open or even after it is full. Your best bet is to keep your eyes open here on the boards.. Call rundisney prior to ToT registration opening (if they do offer presale it's likely to be the same day as AP and DVC). Or if you will be at a run disney event before registration opens (ie princess expo) ask a CM there - although their answers seem to be guesses at best sometimes :-/

Read that early registration for the 2014 ToT will be on 2/5 for AP holders. I assume the same will be for DVC. DV card holders... not so sure. As pp mentioned, today seemed to leave them out in the cold when it came to registration for the DL half.

Hello all,
I rarely post here. But I want to join this thread. My wife and I are planning on the ToT as our first race. I ran the Peachtree 10k in the early 1980's, but no races since. My wife has never raced. This looks like so much fun! Does anyone know if there will be an expo associated with this race where we can buy the Disney NB shoes? If we stay at non-host resorts will we have transportation difficulties? I think I want to go back to Kidani or maybe try VWL this time. Thanks! BamaCbat

Booking our Oct. trip tomorrow so I have to make the decision on if I want to go to definitely run the race or go later in the month.

So, my question is for anyone who has had family attend the after-party, did they enjoy it? Was it worth the $55? It would be my DH and two DD 8 and 11. I am torn. My oldest's favorite ride is Tower of Terror but my DH and younger DD don't ride any thrill rides at all.

Booking our Oct. trip tomorrow so I have to make the decision on if I want to go to definitely run the race or go later in the month.

So, my question is for anyone who has had family attend the after-party, did they enjoy it? Was it worth the $55? It would be my DH and two DD 8 and 11. I am torn. My oldest's favorite ride is Tower of Terror but my DH and younger DD don't ride any thrill rides at all.

I'd love to know more about the party as well. I'm also wondering how long people really stay. I can only ride the headliners at HS so many times.

We stayed until close, though I don't know what we did. A lot of what we did was feed me lol. Other than that there was a lot of wandering.

DH tells me that he and DS had fun at the party but I think that was while I was running. I remember no fun.

I'd love to know more about the party as well. I'm also wondering how long people really stay. I can only ride the headliners at HS so many times.

I would love to know too. I may have two family members join me afterwards and I know they will not be happy having to pay $55-$60 to get in to ride a few rides and eat.

Are all the rides open in the park due in the party? What does the ticket actually include? Thank you!

Hello all, I rarely post here. But I want to join this thread. My wife and I are planning on the ToT as our first race. I ran the Peachtree 10k in the early 1980's, but no races since. My wife has never raced. This looks like so much fun! Does anyone know if there will be an expo associated with this race where we can buy the Disney NB shoes? If we stay at non-host resorts will we have transportation difficulties? I think I want to go back to Kidani or maybe try VWL this time. Thanks! BamaCbat
Does anyone know what the host resorts are.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Host resorts are now listed on RunDisney, the registration fee is up now too $145 for the ToT 10 mile race.

Jennifer

Also does anyone know if they had the Disney themed NB shoes at the TOT expo last year. Thought about them at the Marathon weekend expo and now wish I had bought a pair. Thanks!

Jennifer

The RunDisney TOT page has be updated. The race is Oct 4, 2014, my birthday!

The race info page itself has been updated, but when you click on the "Plan" tab and then the link "Resort Packages Page", it still has the 2013 dates listed.

I wasn't going to do another Disney World race this year, since I was just there for marathon weekend, and it's a much more expensive trip than Disneyland for me. But. I really want this medal before they change it, and it looks like such a fun race. So I'm trying to decide if I can make it work, and who I can talk into going with me.

Host resorts are now listed on RunDisney, the registration fee is up now too $145 for the ToT 10 mile race. Jennifer

Thank you. Has POP been a host resort in the past, and will it be this year? I planned my family vacation there already, so I'm really hoping!

The party is worth it as a runner but I would not pay for a non runner to attend. There are only a few rides open, including the big 3. Long lines for the bathrooms and they tend not to smell the greatest. The past 2 years have been Hot and alot of people were vomiting.

2012 we had a guest with us who did not want to ride TOT and RNR over and over, so we left around 2am feeling disappointed. 2013 it was just my DD16 and I, we did not do any daytime parks just MNSSHP Thurs, Fri and Sun until close plus the race and after party until 4am, we had fun but were able to sleep until noon each day. Toy Story was busy 30plus min wait right up until the end but TOT and RNR were walk ons by 3am or so. Great Movie ride was also open I think but we didn't bother.

I'm excited to be planning a trip Oct 1-6 and my husband and I will both be running the TOT 10-miler for the very first time!

We have two kids, ages 11 & 13, and so I am wondering about the 1-mile and 5-K runs. Has anyone had experience with those? They want to do them :)

If the dates are Oct 3 and 4, are the smaller races on the 3rd and the longer one on the 4th? Does anyone know the normal times of day?

Also, I think my parents will be down at WDW with us, but if not, do they offer any sort of babysitting for the kids of runners? I'm not sure what to do with my kids if I don't bring my parents. I figure it's a common problem, so maybe Disney has figured out a plan for that. 13 is such an iffy age -- maybe too old for "babysitting" but i think too young to be left alone on vacation&

Thanks for all of the info on this thread! I'm excited! :)

If your 11yr old will be 12 by then why don't they run TOT with you? Although the 1mile is for age 13yrs and younger it is mostly much younger kids from what we've seen. The 5km is fun to do as a family, but hard to actually "run" in do to crowds.

If the race begins at 10pm, what time would I need to get the bus to head over to Hollywood studios. Staying at POP. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter