towncar or mears

MinniMama

addicted to the mouse
My mom is trying to get from airport alone to the POR which is faster/cheaper towncar or mears. Does anyone have the phone numbers or cost for traveling from airport to Disney these ways. Any other good ways to travel- we won't be renting a car.

Not sure I have enough info to answer your question, but I'll try. If it will only be one person travelling the mears will be the least expensive way to go. The towncar while more expensive will get a person to WDW faster. I've traveled both ways and the towncar wins handsdown since we didn't have to stop to pick up others at various hotels and other drop off sites around Orlando. Also, the drivers I've had from Mears just tend to get on my nerves (they talk too much but really don't always know what they are talking about!!!), and they are often rude.

A coupon for the towncar service can be downloaded from the Mousesavers.com web site, as well as from www.wdwig.com.

Hope this helped!;)

I can tell you that mears towncar, one way MCO to a MK resort is $56 plus tip. Mears Transportation has a website that you can get quotes on too!

I'd say Tiffany Towncar hands down. We've used them several times- Deb (the owner) is fantastic (she surprised us with a limo for my finance's 40th Bday!), and all of the driver's we've had have been great. The cost around is around $85 round trip and much more comfortable then mears shuttle. And they meet you at baggage claim and help you with your luggage. The service is well worth the expense. :D

I agree that tiffany towncar is much better than mears. I have had too many bad experiences with mears to ever use them again.

Another vote for towncar. We have had great service over the years. Really like going directly to the hotel rather than a trip around Orlando.

Jeff

My husband and I always use Happy Limo...SO much more convenient than a shuttle. The shuttle is a hassle because you have to travel with a crowd and stop at numerous hotels. If you are checking prices, Happy Limo has a coupon rate. After doing a towncar once, I would never do a shuttle again.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Just came back from WDW and used a town car service for the first time (we always get a rental car, but this time we had friends joining us who were driving down).

Anyway, we gave Yourride a try and had a very nice experience. We paid $75.00 for the round trip. The regular round trip cost is $80.00 (not including tip), but if you print out the coupon on their website you can save $5.00. We made reservations on the website and received a very nice phone call from Rabbit to confirm our information. There was a choice of van, towncar or limo but we didn't have a preference. Rabbit was waiting for us when we arrived (with van) and David picked us up VERY early in the morning (as we requested) at ASMo (with a towncar). Rabbit also left a message on our hotel phone the night prior to departure to let us know who our driver would be and what type of car to look for in the morning. We would definitely use their service again.

I was wondering if anyone knew if you needed a car seat for an infant if you take the town car? I would assume you would but we were not planning on bringing ours because we plan on using the buses from CBR. I guess we could if we had to because the town car sounds like a great option. Thanks!!

Tiffany TownCar can provide you with a car seat if you need one. Much easier than hauling your own for such a short car trip.

Jmpap
We have FREE car seats. And if your coming with a infant, You should have a infant seat that faces the other way (away from the front) And we do have infant seats. We don't charges for car seats like other companies do!! "Remember Support all your sponsors" And we are the Sponsors of the transportation boards. http://www.Yourride.net

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter