towncar transportation from MCO

momoftwogirls

Mouseketeer
I have lots of questions................................
We have always driven to WDW - this will be our first time flying and without a car. What is the best way to get from MCO to the Polynesian? It will be 2 adults, 2 children that need car seats, 3 suitcases, 2 carryon bags and a stroller. With all of our luggage and the kids in carseats will we fit comfortably in a towncar? Which service is best to use? Once you make reservations do you need to put down a deposit? Do you get a confirmation letter in the mail? How do you know that they will actually be there to meet you? We were planning on using the towncar company's carseats but would it be better to bring our own in case of complications with transportation? I'm worried that the car won't show up and we'll need to find different transportation and will then have no car seats accessible.I hope this isn't too many questions. The whole process seems confusing to me. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

In February, we used - yourride.net - . I filled out the form on their website - stated that we needed car seats for two - 4yr. olds & one 6 month old. We received an email confirmation back & they said that they would have all of the carseats (free). If you tell them about the luggage, stroller etc. I would think that they would have a van for you. We did not have to put down any deposit - paid for the round trip when we were dropped off at the hotel - we tipped him (Rabbit) at the time for the one way & then tipped him again on the return trip. There is a coupon on their website. They also make a free grocery store stop. Bring along their phone number if you are worried that they won't be there when you arrive. A lot of people have posted about their flights being late & 'yourride' was still there waiting for them. We were very satisfied with the service & would use them again - hope that this helps!!! Have a great trip!!!! ºoº ºoº

We used Yourride this past May. We were in a large van with more than enough room for our family of five and lots of luggage. The driver was there on time with both pick up and taking back to MCO.

We have also used TTC; we were in an town car which still was big enough for our family.

We took advantage of the grocery store stop with both companies.

We always use Tiffany towncar. We usually ahve 4 adults and one child plus our stroller and luggage. While we might fit in a towncar we elect to get the van. It is a little bit more but it is nice to have that room. They have always been there when we arrived - even when we were late - and we've had th same driver the last 4 trips - Berkeley - he is wonderful.

Keep in mind that in Florida when you use public transportation that children are not required to be in car seats. This includes cabs, towncars, buses, etc. We ALWAYS request a car seat for our son and each time Tiffany has had it in the van ... no problems. Even when we had our own on one trip we went ahead and used theirs as it was simplier than unpacking mine.

We didn't get a confirmation in the mail from Tiffany. I called about 3 weeks prior and booked it. Then I call back the day before we leave and double check. The driver will give you a receipt when you reach your destination and you pay for the round trip at that time. Be careful in tipping. Sometimes you may not get the same driver on your return trip...so we tip each driver.

The whole process is relatively easy though. Call whoever you decide to use (Tiffany has a coupon on the internet) give them the info and arrive. Keep the phone number for the company handy and that way you could call them if they weren't there. One time our driver was late due to an accident but we connected within 5 minutes of getting to baggage. If you use one that is recommended here on the boards I'm sure you won't have problems. Word gets around too quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter