Toy Story Hotel

DisneyaholicRaquel

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

Heading to Tokyo Disney second week of October and trying to decide on hotels. I currently have the Sheraton Tokyo Bay but, wondered if the Toy Story Hotel would be better. Prices are not out yet for Toy Story but, if prices are comparable which would you choose and why? Would love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Ambassador but, pretty sure that will be out of my budget. FYI - the Sheraton Tokyo Bay is 94,000 yen total for 3 nights.

I would choose the Sheraton since I have Marriott Titanium status but if you don't have Marriott Platinum or higher, I would probably recommend the Toy Story Hotel. The Toy Story Hotel would get you early entry into Tokyo Disneyland, newer rooms and Disney theming. It's become a favorite of one of my friends.

That price also isn't super cheap or anything for the Sheraton so the Toy Story Hotel will likely only be a tiny bit more expensive.

I would choose the Sheraton since I have Marriott Titanium status but if you don't have Marriott Platinum or higher, I would probably recommend the Toy Story Hotel. The Toy Story Hotel would get you early entry into Tokyo Disneyland, newer rooms and Disney theming. It's become a favorite of one of my friends.

That price also isn't super cheap or anything for the Sheraton so the Toy Story Hotel will likely only be a tiny bit more expensive.
Thanks for the response. Does the Toy Story Hotel have a shuttle to the parks.

Thanks for the response. Does the Toy Story Hotel have a shuttle to the parks.

I don't think so. It's a very short walk to Bayside station which is on the resort line loop that goes to both parks. There may be shuttles from Bayside station to the hotel but it's faster to walk to/from the station if the bus isn't right there when you arrive. Most people take the Resort Line to the parks although there are some people who like to walk to Disneyland in the morning which takes about 20 minutes.

You can buy a multi-day ticket for the Resort Line at any of the 4 stations.

The transportation situation is essentially the same for the Sheraton.

I believe monorail would be it as Toy Story is at same monorail station (Bayside station) as Sheraton, Hilton.

They are literally right next to each other (I think one hotel in between) Walking distance to the monorail.

Sheraton has a shuttle every 10 minutes (I could literally walk faster than the shuttle - I did not take it, friends did), Toy Story resort does not.

We stayed at both. I loved the “Disney” of being at Toy Story. The theming is amazing. I also preferred the bathroom as they have the shower & toilet separate.

The room at Sheraton was certainly larger (we had 3 adults) and my friend has status with Sheraton so we were on the Club Level - so free breakfast & dinner.

Basically - if you want Disney Themeing - Toy Story, if you want regular upscale hotel - Sheraton.

We got the best of both 🤣 4 nights at one, 5 nights at the other (with a trip to Osaka in between…which bonus, we were able to walk our luggage over to the Sheraton and leave our big bags while we went to Osaka)

That really helps…thank you! One more question…taking in consideration being a huge Disney fan if you had to pick one over the other which would you choose? I’m so conflicted. The prices should be about the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter