Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

I got the email while driving home from work. Once home I tried to register and kept getting "event full", this was only about an hour after I got the e-mail. Came here and folks were commenting they were getting signed up so I wondered what the heck! So I called and was told the site crashed and they are working on it. They transferred me to the passholder department to see if I can get signed up on the phone but they said the volume was very high and the wait is 90 minutes!! So now I'm not sure if the event is really full or it's just the site. This really upsets me as we were going to be there during that time frame and it would have been perfect timing. Already been on hold for 45 minutes. Guess I'll stay on a while longer and see what happens but not holding out any hope. Hope everyone else had better luck.

Did you get a confirmation email? I booked on an iPad as well, and although I did do a screen capture of the confirmation page, the email has the exact same info.
No. However after 1 hr 20 min hold I talked to IT an she saw that I signed up at 4:59:01 and took my info down and said they would call me tomorrow and possibly get me an email

I got the email while driving home from work. Once home I tried to register and kept getting "event full", this was only about an hour after I got the e-mail. Came here and folks were commenting they were getting signed up so I wondered what the heck! So I called and was told the site crashed and they are working on it. They transferred me to the passholder department to see if I can get signed up on the phone but they said the volume was very high and the wait is 90 minutes!! So now I'm not sure if the event is really full or it's just the site. This really upsets me as we were going to be there during that time frame and it would have been perfect timing. Already been on hold for 45 minutes. Guess I'll stay on a while longer and see what happens but not holding out any hope. Hope everyone else had better luck.
The CM I talked to said it filled up faster than they were expecting - less than an hour. I hope she was wrong and you get in

The CM I talked to said it filled up faster than they were expecting - less than an hour. I hope she was wrong and you get in

I just called the Passholder line to double check. She said the event is at capacity, and there is no wait list. Oh well. We have so many late-night events -- MNSSHP, DAH and hopefully DVC Moonlight Magic -- that it was going to be very tough to make a morning event work.

Clicked on it to see what it was about, but it was after our trip anyway so just seeing what would miss.. Doesn't seem like much, just the rides for an hour.
Already got FP's, so will ride them regardless.
Guess if you live close or were already there would be worth doing... But can't see stressing about it.

Just spoke to someone, was on hold for about an hour, and she confirmed that it's definitely full. However, she said she was taking everyone's contact info down in the event that Disney decided to do something else for those who tried to sign up immediately but weren't able to get in. We'll see about that but I'm not holding my breath. I must say the CM was a star though, don't envy her job right now.

Regarding how they might restrict people to reservation times, I suspect that this might be like other PPO events where the actual reservation time really doesn't mean much. I suspect that the 7am people will be allowed to stay after 8am. Just as I suspect that the 8am people will be able to get in early. They haven't provided time to clear TSL between slots. There are the issues of booting the 7am people (and where do they go at 8am in DHS anyway?) and corralling the 8 am people during the first hour. I don't see Disney pursuing a high tech solution to limiting riders or even checking MBs once you're in. The colored wristbands could work - assuming the CMs enforced it. Instead, I suspect that it's more on the honor system and spreading out the morning arrivals on the assumption that, for a low attendance event, one hour will be plenty to enjoy TSL.

Oh, well-as soon as I got the Email, I tried to register, only to get the Event is Full. Just out of curiosity, what times, dates was it? I thought I heard mention that it was in the morning.

I saw the email about a hour after it was sent. Got the only available time for my trip Wednesday Sept 26 at 7-8 am. I have Halloween party tickets for the day before so I won’t be getting much sleep between the 2 events. I am at the Dolphin this trip so I can walk over in the morning and not have to deal with buses.

It would be nice to at least get the email as we have been passholders for the last 15 years. My friend texted me about it but by the time she told me it said event was full. So tired of missing everything because we do not even get the email. (do not get DVC either and have tried for years to get it fixed)

I got the email and kept clicking the link but it never worked, it just worked for the first time right now and of course it says event is full - thx Disney
Same here - email wouldn’t load then sent me the wrong Disney Site - then Event Full - call AP Support and gave them my info (dates we’ll be there and needed invite for 2) hoping I’ll get an email saying they’ll find space for me but not counting on it.

Ugh. I am really upset about this. Not wanting to take away the joy from all the AP holders but I've been planning this trip all year and basing ADRs, park days and park tickets around the best day to do
Toy Story Land and now that's all out the window. My FP window opens next Wednesday.
I mean it's great for the AP holders but seriously, Disney???
I may just skip Toy Story Land this year and drop the extra ticket day.

Honestly it might work better in your favor. The AP event is in the morning, it'll be crowded by park opening for non AP guests, then guests like you who want to avoid the land/park just because of the event.

So I think you should go and go to TSL at night. The land has been said to look better at night when lit up, it'll be hot but you won't have the sun beating on you while in line, and crowds will be much lower at night vs the mornings of the AP event. Even on non AP days it's recommended to skip rope drop and knock out the rides in the last 60-90min of park closing.

And you haven't picked FP's yet, so can still try to grab one for night time

DH pointed out I had it backwards. We are going to the early one. So we'll be at the very first one

I was able to get 8-9am on the 14th. I happened to be checking my email at the second it came through. I'm assuming our 2.5 year old will be able to join us? She doesn't have an annual pass obviously as she doesn't need a ticket.

And of course I missed it. That’s what I get for not checking my emails. :(
Still exciting for those that get to attend. :)

I saw the email about a hour after it was sent. Got the only available time for my trip Wednesday Sept 26 at 7-8 am. I have Halloween party tickets for the day before so I won’t be getting much sleep between the 2 events. I am at the Dolphin this trip so I can walk over in the morning and not have to deal with buses.
I almost did that and realized if I did it the morning of the party, I could sleep later and not have to rope drop. I will be at that party too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter