Toys R Us question

PeterPam

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I have a slight dilemma. I bought my daughter's Christmas toys online at Toys R Us. Com (Amazon) because they were offering free shipping. I bought her the Barbie Cash Register (49.99) and the Barbie Karaoke ($49.99). Today I saw in my Target circular that these items are on sale for $29.97 each. I called my local Toys R Us store today and asked them if I could return items ordered online at the store, and they said NO. If I return these via mail back to Amazon, I have to pay the shipping charges. Does anyone know what the easiest way for me to handle this would be?
Normally, I wouldn't go through the trouble for a few dollars, but this is $20 per toy. Thanks, Pam :o)

i take stuff back to toys r us all the time without a receipt...they will take it back.

The Toys R Us stores have a very very liberal return policy without receipts. They will give you store credit (one of those cards) for the full value of the toy (even if They have had it on sale). If you have more shopping to do you could get the store credit and than use it for other Christmas gifts. For the past few years I have gone after Christmas with duplicates and other assorted items that needed to be returned. As long as they carry the item, they don't really even check if it came from Toy's R Us. I take everything since I don't know where people purchased it and usually can return all but one or two items that they don't carry.

Also, I would see what the on-line return policy is and see if you can return it via mail. Sometimes the company will pay shipping for the return as well.

Good Luck.

Thanks sooo much!
I will take them back to the store, get a store credit and use it for the rest of my Christmas shopping, then drive over to Target and buy the items at the lesser price!!! Great Idea!

Pam :o)

As a former TRU employee I agree with all of the above. If you have a problem though go right to the head office. They will help solve your problem, keep going up the ladder until you get to the top if you need to.

Last I knew, Toys R Us did price matching. I have not ordered on line but it would be worth a call - even to your local store. They have been very cooperative and I would think they might even do a price adjustment for you. It never hurts to ask!

Here's my suggestion: return items to TRU and get the gift card. Then pick up the items and go to check-out, the register will price match target's ad. Use your giftcard and you'll still $40 left on it for future purchases!

Hi,
It worked out great! I went to Target and bought the 2 items. Then I drove across the street to Toys R Us and returned them for a store credit. (Even though the items were on sale for $5 less than I paid, Toys R Us gave me the FULL price) I then used the store credit to buy more christmas presents. Thanks! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter