TR Christmas WDW 2012

I am just catching up on all your photos colin - agree re: the queuing at Little Mermaid - a great job was done! and I particularly liked the screens with the little crabs which are interactive - the crab scampers around cleaning up and you have to point to the things that 'don't belong' and he tidies them up! very cute!

All good things come to an end but can be repeated. We are now well into booking the DVC room for the next visit.

Being on a domestic flight we checked our luggage in at the Boardwalk and caught the 6.15am DME bus to the airport for a 9.10 flight to LAX, after a five hour wait in the Admirals club we caught the 4.20pm flight to Honolulu and a two night stay at Aulani.

Aulani is a great place to stay and breaks up the long flight home.

Aulani Photos. Beautiful resort with Disney quality and service.

IMG_8649_resize_zps73a8bfd3.jpg

IMG_8650_resize_zps5237379d.jpg

IMG_8655_resize_zps7cd5ce36.jpg

IMG_8657_resize_zps92c6f12a.jpg

IMG_8664_resize_zps5f49b9d1.jpg

IMG_8666_resize_zpsca1030fd.jpg

IMG_8667_resize_zps60ea14a9.jpg

IMG_8668_resize_zps6f685d0b.jpg

IMG_8672_resize_zpsf79ff56b.jpg

IMG_8675_resize_zps468b5cfb.jpg

IMG_8677_resize_zpsb215879a.jpg

IMG_8686_resize_zps293a8836.jpg

IMG_8644_resize_zps1af240fe.jpg

Copied from Wikipedia.

Ko Olina Resort is a 642-acre master-planned vacation and residential community on the leeward coast of Oahu, 17 miles northwest of Honolulu.[1] Ko Olina has two miles of coastal frontage and includes three natural and four man-made lagoons with white-sand beaches. It is currently home to three hotel and vacation-club resorts: Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa; the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa, and Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club, as well as several resort condominiums and villa homes. Google Earth photo before construction.

google_zps014e6fdc.jpg

Beautiful, Colin. Looks like a great holiday with a wonderful relaxing period in Hawaii at the end. Thanks for sharing.

ColinA said:
All good things come to an end but can be repeated.

Love this!

Photos of Aulani are gorgeous. Looking forward to your review. Have a safe trip home.

wouldn't it be neat if Disney would move your bags to Aulani - as they do to any other resort within WDW. I'd spend all my time walking around like a princess, baggage free and lovin' myself! :rotfl2:

Welcome Home Colin! Excellent live TR with great photos thanks. :cool1:

Looking at that Aulani beach it feels hard to believe I was standing on it just 10 days ago.....

Welcome home ColinA. How did you go finalising your booking for Xmas 2013?

16 nights done, arriving 13th December and booked up to 29th so far, since arriving home I get up at 1am each night to add the extra night, got another 2 1/2 weeks to book through to the 16th January, leaving a day early next trip to avoid the long weekend in the US and will stay three nights at Aulani on the way home.

Welcome Home Colin! Excellent live TR with great photos thanks. :cool1:

Looking at that Aulani beach it feels hard to believe I was standing on it just 10 days ago.....

Aulani is well worth the stay. Did you notice there was no 13th floor, the culture must be superstitious!

Am reading different Christmas time trip reports and came across yours ColinA. WOW - everything from the Boardwalk, to the food to the Christmas decorations. Makes me even more excited about our trim later this year.

That view from the room is to die for. I know we wont have that kind of view, but it is just spectacular.

my jaw is still dropped a little!

Am reading different Christmas time trip reports and came across yours ColinA. WOW - everything from the Boardwalk, to the food to the Christmas decorations. Makes me even more excited about our trim later this year.

That view from the room is to die for. I know we wont have that kind of view, but it is just spectacular.

my jaw is still dropped a little!

Any view from a Disney resort is great. You will enjoy the Boardwalk.

Might do another trip report some time. Uploading to photobucket and then linking the photos takes some time as you would know. Facebook is much easier.

Any view from a Disny resort is great. You will enjoy the Boardwalk. Might do another trip report some time. Uploading to photobucket and then linking the photos takes some time as you would know. Facebook is much easier.
Well the only thing I'd prefer not to have a view of is car park or the MDE loading area so hope we get something other than that

I'm sure I and others would enjoy a new trip report. I've really liked some of the Disney Limited Edition art you have purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter