Tracking BLT

tom1944

DIS Veteran
I have been following BLT listings and was unable to purchase after multiple offers.

I still have it as one of the resorts to consider for my second purchase, so I keep following the county deed site.

For March I have seen 12 deeds recorded that were individual resales and not direct.

The prices are all over the place.

In order-

220 points at $139 per point
25 @ $192
200@$162
110@$152
270@$170
50@$148
210@$148
100@$125
75@$180
160@$130
170@148
240@141

I wonder if this is a normal spread of prices or if this is unusually.

I think that certain resorts…the ones near the park tend to be the ones that can have a wide variety because people find what they want and in the end, realize an extra $10 to $20 a point is not that much in the long term.

Plus, people on here are the minority of buyers tracking prices so those who do buy, use what they see on brokers sites…I think what we see here tends to be the outliers for resorts like BLT than the norm, like we are seeing with OKW and SSR.

Just looking at the ranges, it seems that we are seeing more $140s than before.

I think that certain resorts…the ones near the park tend to be the ones that can have a wide variety because people find what they want and in the end, realize an extra $10 to $20 a point is not that much in the long term.

Plus, people on here are the minority of buyers tracking prices so those who do buy, use what they see on brokers sites…I think what we see here tends to be the outliers for resorts like BLT than the norm, like we are seeing with OKW and SSR.

Just looking at the ranges, it seems that we are seeing more $140s than before.
I think this is accurate. I just did AKV and I added some data to the search to get a smaller pool. The 8 in the data set had a range of 100 to 120 points and 7 of the 8 were between $100 to $122. There was one outlier at $140 but that was recorded earlier in the search period.

Do these include foreclosures? My assumption is the very low prices were foreclosure auctions.

I have been following BLT listings and was unable to purchase after multiple offers.

I still have it as one of the resorts to consider for my second purchase, so I keep following the county deed site.

For March I have seen 12 deeds recorded that were individual resales and not direct.

In order-

25 @ $192
200@$162
110@$152
270@$170
50@$148
210@$148
100@$125
75@$180
160@$130
170@148
240@141

That looks maybe a little unusual but not crazy.

People pay ridiculous prices for small contracts.

Also many sites have much higher prices than other sites for the same resorts and not everyone looks everywhere. And I imagine many resale buyers see what they want and don’t negotiate.

Finally, I don’t think when people overpay they typically post it to the ROFR thread, so the spread of prices there tends to be smaller than the real real.

Thi

In order-

25 @ $192
200@$162
110@$152
270@$170
50@$148
210@$148
100@$125
75@$180
160@$130
170@148
240@141

This makes me happy. I have one in closing 100@$135 but I have 2 other BLT contracts I purchased last 2 yrs 50@$180 and 25@$170 so glad some of the price per points being sold is still around there. I was willing to pay the premium for the small point contracts. Also ROFR did take one of mine at $160. If prices continue to fall though, nothing will hurt more than my direct points I have at BLT 🤪

Do they indicate if the contract had double points, full points, stripped, who paid dues, who paid closing costs?All things that could also impact the price.

Do they indicate if the contract had double points, full points, stripped, who paid dues, who paid closing costs?All things that could also impact the price.
No

None of those details are on the deed.

That is one reason the brokers I dealt with claimed people were taking lower offers. The claim was those were all stripped contracts. The individuals on this board reported differently though.

No

That is one reason the brokers I dealt with claimed people were taking lower offers. The claim was those were all stripped contracts. The individuals on this board reported differently though.

I trust that the overwhelming majority of people on this board to report accurately, even if we are a small % of overall buyers.

I trust that the overwhelming majority of people on this board to report accurately, even if we are a small % of overall buyers.
So, do I

I just received my closing documents on my initial purchase at SSR.

180 points @$104. August use year.

An additional 90 banked from 2022.

I hope to buy another contract of 100 to 120 points, but I can use this contract to cover trips at least until August 2025 so it gives me time to decide if I want another SSR contract or one of BLT, CCV or AKV.

I also bounce Boardwalk or Boulder Ridge contracts as options but have trouble getting past the 2042 date in my head.

No

The brokers get a percent based on the sales price. Ignore any advice they give you; it’s in their interest for it to sell higher. It’s also in their interest to present offers they think their clients won’t be insulted by since they’re the messenger.

Doesn’t matter. It’s your money. Bid what you want to pay.

The brokers get a percent based on the sales price. Ignore any advice they give you; it’s in their interest for it to sell higher. It’s also in their interest to present offers they think their clients won’t be insulted by since they’re the messenger.

Doesn’t matter. It’s your money. Bid what you want to pay.
Well no one accepted my BLT bids so I clearly was bidding what I wanted more than bidding what anyone else wanted

I also bounce Boardwalk or Boulder Ridge contracts as options but have trouble getting past the 2042 date in my head
Yes, that can be a tough hurdle to get over.

But as a BWV owner, I must point out that it's still 18-19 years of staying where I want to be. :) That might go by quickly, but it's still quite a long chunk of time and many changes will occur during that time. DVC is a luxury and if a person can afford it, why not be where you want to be instead of just wishing you were there?

Good luck with your decisions!

But as a BWV owner, I must point out that it's still 18-19 years of staying where I want to be. :) That might go by quickly, but it's still quite a long chunk of time and many changes will occur during that time. DVC is a luxury and if a person can afford it, why not be where you want to be instead of just wishing you were there?

Thank you

The issue is we have not locked into a "this is where we must stay" resort yet. We have 5 or 6 that we would have no issue staying at. The other issue is we plan to book 1 bedrooms and most of the time not before 7 months. Those factors are what made it an option to purchase SSR after we could not get BLT at a price point we wanted.

I need a second contract because we want around 300 points but I did not want a contract over 200 points. I felt it gave us more options to have smaller contracts. If we decide we are only going alternate years, or dues starts to be an issue I could sell a contract but not be completely out of DVC.

An additional contract at SSR would be fine but I want to own at a second resort. I think it is because I want multiple banners like some of you have.

Not every decision can be financial sometimes emotion steps in and makes it all about the banners.

Are you a secret sales rep? 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter