Tracy's Journal-The Saga and Drama of It All!

Sorry I haven't been around!! Work has been busy for a change!

My poor stove croaked yesterday! It was on it's last legs when I bought my condo, so I called myself being prepared for it's passing...I now know that this is the beginning of a nightmare known as "the kitchen remodel"...replace the stove & venthood...might as well strip the funky wallpaper & paint the kitchen (what color???!!)...get a new dishwasher (it's ill as well)...replace the fridge (not ill, but not aging gracefully)...oh yeah, replace the countertops...get a new sink...

I am not rolling in $$, nor do I have a rich uncle (or a Sugar Daddy), so the 5 year plan for remodeling has begun!!

I bought a Kenmore Stainless Steel stove yesterday & a new venthood...OFF WE GO!! Tonight I have to prepare the kitchen for it's arrival & strip the wallpaper...

Pray for me!!

No, I'm not OP at the moment (stressing?!)

I hope you all have a good weekend...I'll update when I can...

Good luck on your remodel. It does take time and probably the most frustrating part is the little details. Hopefully you can get back on plan when the new stove arrives. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

KITCHEN "REMODEL":
The wallpaper is 80% down...the other 20% may never come down...I have NEVER seen such destruction on drywall in my life...no matter how careful I was, the drywall damage was immense! I am going to finish up this coming weekend with the remaining wallpaper & hopefully begin the repair work necessary to be able to paint...

NEW STOVE:
Wow!! I love my stove!! Sounds silly, but I have always loved to cook, so a new stove makes me a wannabe dancing banana: :banana: . I've been unable to really bake anything for almost 3 years (crappy oven)...yesterday I baked cookies, cinammon rolls, a cake & a pizza...everything came out perfect, I wanted to cry!! I had two of the cookies & a piece of cake, but the rest was for Reagan (which she didn't eat either). I brought the cake to work today...ha ha...my coworkers have less self control than I do, I'm sure I'll be going home with a very clean cake pan...

Of course, with a new stove, I had to get new cookware--my T-Fal was a decade old...I got Cuisinart Stainless & it is VERY nice--I'll probably burn a few things until I get used to it...

EXERCISE:
Over the weekend, I didn't manage to make it to the gym...I did spend 18 hours in the kitchen with the wallpaper removal (it was hideous), that should count for something...yesterday I was sooooo pooped, I did absolutely nothing except bake & go to mass...

FOOD:
Sears was 7 hours late bringing my stove on Saturday evening...I was the master of grab-n-go food this weekend...definetely not OP. My breakfast & lunch are OP today & I'll be taking DD to McDonald's tonight (swimming lessons start up again)...I really enjoy the McDonald's side salads (only $), so I may have one (or two) of those...

BEING OP:
I'm disappointed that I haven't been OP this past week with exercise or food, but it reinforces the fact that I'm truly an emotional eater...I need to find another coping mechanism, or at least make healthier choices when I do choose to eat emotionally---I've never heard of anyone binging on grapes or apples though...hmmmm...

Have a great day everyone...hoping (again) to catch up on the journals sometime in the next day or two...

You may have been off the exercise, but think of all the work you did to get the wall paper down. I KNOW that is not easy and it is exercise. Why people put it on drywall, I will never understand. Here's a better one........wallpaper that was painted over. We have that here, in fact I was so fed up with it that after I got the paint off, I gave up on trying to get the wall paper off and it has been that way for 5 years! :scared1: ........Time flies? :confused3 .......It's just a small section in the house and one of my goals to finish over the next few weeks.

Anyway, isn't it great to be able to bake? Not that we need the extra right now, but........ Our oven sounds like your old one, so I don't do much with it either. Hoping for my kitchen remodel in the next 3 years. I really do love the professional stainless steel cookware. To me there is nothing better. You'll have fun preparing all those healthy meals.

Today is a new day and you can get back OP. Have fun working on your kitchen. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Wow Tracy!

Sounds like you have a lot of remodeling going on now. ::yes:: When we lived at our previous home, we took the wallpaper off and it did a lot of damage to our drywall too. It was worth it though because the wallpaper in our kitchen was from the 1960's, was plaid with huge yellow flowers, and had tons of cigarette smoke stains. :earseek:

I would definitely count tearing down the wallpaper as exercise. :teeth: That's a lot of work! ::yes::

Have a great week and enjoy your new stove! :Pinkbounc

You get tons of credit for the wallpapering work! That's exercise if I ever heard of it!

Congrats on the remodel! It must be great to have an oven again! :banana:

Good Morning!!

I just wanted to let you know that the UTI (or whatever it is) is BACK! I'm pretty unhappy right at the moment, but I have an appointment with a urologist tomorrow...I hear that he is "eye candy", so maybe that will make the whole experience more pleasant (?)...I didn't sleep at all last night & my stupid shirt is on backwards! :rotfl2:

I'll touch base in a day or two...I'm going to go home & try to sleep without a munchkin running around...

:wizard:

Hoping that everyone is doing well...

Hi, Tracy! Just wanted to congratulate you on your soon-to-be gorgeous kitchen! Now, go bake something healthy or put a veggie casserole in the oven!

Good luck with the rest of the remodeling!

Good Evening!!

IT'S A KIDNEY STONE!! So, I don't have a UTI afterall...I had a really rough day with this thing! I'm hoping to pass it...if not, I've got a procedure scheduled for Friday at 6:30am to seek & destroy!

I'm glad it's not anything any worse than a stone...it feels like the hideous "back labor" that I had when I was hatching DD, so I know I can handle it (sure don't have to be happy about it though).

No worries...I'm gonna be fine! The Percocet will certainly be appreciated! :teeth:

I'll check in soon.

:hug: Tracy~

I hope that everything works out and that you are feeling better soon. Take good care of you! :hug:

:hug: Tracy,

Kidney stones are painful. Take the drugs. I'm glad you have ananswer to why you have been having so much pain. I'm also glad that you will be able to get it taken care of soon. So was the doc cute?

Your kitchen remodel sounds awesome. I am with you about a new stove. We currntly have electric, and I miss my gas range soooo much. I keep trying to break the thing, so I can get a new one.

Thank you for your support.
Take care,
Beth

Sorry to hear about the kidney stone. At least now you know what the problem is and soon you will be feeling much better than you have in a long time.

Get plenty of liquids, keep the pain meds going and take care. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Ooh! So sorry to hear it's a kidney stone! I hope they get it out today! It's amazing something the size of a sesame seed can cause that much agony!

Sending :wizard: for a speedy recovery!

HEALTH:

I "think" I passed my stone on Wednesday or Thursday...didn't manage to catch it, though...I took a Percocet Wednesday night as a precaution & WHOA, did that have a kick to it! Within 30-45 minutes, I was slurring my words...decided to only take a half if I needed to after that...sheesh! Mom shot another abdominal x-ray & a CT on me last night...saw no stone. I was symptom-free all day yesterday, so I called at 5:00am to cancel the surgery for this morning...well, at 7am, I started having "spasms" (but no pain) again. Called the Dr.'s office back & they said I could still have some irritation/infection lingering, advised me to force fluids & to call them on Monday if I wasn't any better. I hope the spasms go away, I am tired of this!

I am way off program now, I'm hoping to get back on track after this weekend...

Tracy, Beth, Lesli & Pearlieq--Thanks for stopping in!!

Beth--the Dr. was quite a looker...probably early 40's, premature gray hair, nice (tanned) complexion, big blue eyes...he got a little snippy with my Mom about the CT, so that was a crushing blow to my perception of him. He apparently wanted to go on a "fishing expedition" this morning anyway, although we knew that there were no stones as of 8:00pm last night...that's another story in itself...

I'm hanging in there!

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Don't worry. Next week you will be back on your program. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Happy Monday!!

I am on the mend!! I feel so much better!! And I only gained one pound with the sporadic exercise & hideous eating that I've been doing!! :banana:

HEALTH:
I believe I have recovered from my kidney stone-birthing experience! A little residual infection to clear up, but I've almost knocked it out!

FOOD:
I have been so bad! I gave in to the "comfort food" cravings, which means that I've had LOADS of crappy carbs (bread, ice cream, candy, pasta, potatoes)...I'm back OP with food...we've eaten all of the "good" Easter candy, so the house is safe (and I'm broke, so I can't buy anything fun this week).

EXERCISE:
I haven't been to the gym in over a week, so I believe I will do strength training while DD is swimming tonight...I think I'll take a leisurly walk for lunch today...no sense in pushing it too hard, I'm going to try to get back to full speed (elliptical & weights in one session) by Friday this week...no excuses after that!! I've got a bit more energy today than I've had during the past week, so I'm ready...

KITCHEN:
It is going to cost me $325 to have a friend fix the drywall disaster...I'll be scheduling that for July when DD & I are at the beach...there goes my dishwasher money!! I am going to spray paint the face-plate to the dishwasher black (is now almond) until I can get a new one (next year?)...at least it will look kinda new...that poor dishwasher is as old as the recently deceased stove...it struggles...

Nothing else juicy to tell...ho-hum, life is back to normal!! :earboy2:

Wow Tracy,

I haven't been to your journal for a while... You've been busy! And OUCH with a kidney stone???? Oh My! I hope that is resoved/disolved immediately and you can get back to life as normal. I'm glad you love your new stove! You have really been a busy bee :Pinkbounc

I don't blame you for turning to comfort foods. You've had enough bad experiences for a while. Time for the good stuff now, right?

Sunny

Life gets in the way of our best laid plans, but I know you will be able to get back on track. Just keep at it. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter