Trails End changes?

Did she think we were all going to belly up to the bar with the kids:rotfl: ??

One time when we were at C.T., a mom and dad were sitting at the bar. They'd given their maybe 7-9 year old kid some change to play the games at the arcade. Well....we all know how long THAT takes to spend!! About 5 minutes later, the kid comes back, climbs on the bar stool next to dad & asks for more change. The bartender went ballistic!!! YOUR CHILD CAN'T SIT AT THE BAR!! IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!! Dad, much to his credit, downed his beer without a word, he & mom got up, took their child by the hand and left.

I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I went up to the bartender and told him he needed to learn the fine art of diplomacy. He really didn't need to act like the "Soup Nazi" on Seinfeld. He said that it was not his law, but a Florida law. I agreed, but told him he didn't need to SHOUT and YELL the law. A simple,,, "I'm sorry, but your child isn't allowed to sit at the bar." would have sufficed.

If I'm spending that much for a drink at C.T., I certainly don't need a bartender yelling at me!! It's really a shame that there wasn't a manager witnessing this.

That's a nice thing about the Disney parks -- every restaurant and snack location will give you a cup of water if you ask for it. It's a policy they have, and we've never been turned down!

sixAMmom: I completely agree with you on the pizza! It's horrible! :(

I don't drink pop/soda, so I always ask for the cup of ice water and they'll usually say bottled or cup so it is nice that they offer that. One time in MGM, it was so hot, they were GIVING bottled water away to people, which was nice too. I stayed at AKLV concierge a couple weeks ago and was really surprised that they don't provide bottled water to concierge guests. They only had perrier or evian that you could pour in a cup. Even the little dasani's would have been nice.
All that being said, disney's water (since they reduced it to 2.00) is much cheaper than any park i've been to. It is usually $2.50-3.50 in other parks.
ANYTHING is better than that yucky taste of FL water! :scared1: It tastes like it came straight from Bay Lake!!!

ANYTHING is better than that yucky taste of FL water! :scared1: It tastes like it came straight from Bay Lake!!!

The water at FtW is much better than it used to be. There was a time that we brought gallon jugs of bottled water with us to cook with & make coffee. Even the filter for our MH couldn't get rid of the yukky taste - and I'm a Floridian!! The taste of tap water is really dependant upon the quality of the utility company's water treatment system. I'm on Polk County water, and it's not bad at all. When I travel 10 miles down the road & hit the City of Lakeland water system.... YUK!!! I won't even drink the coffee in the restaurants that are on the City's system.

So, what's the pizza really like? We have never tried it. I mean, is it like bad frozen pizza? It seems nobody likes it.

It's made there, guess we have been lucky it's been pretty good when we have gotten it.

So, what's the pizza really like? We have never tried it. I mean, is it like bad frozen pizza? It seems nobody likes it.

They use those pre-made, frozen, crusts - you know, the ones with the little holes in the bottom. The sauce and toppings are just ok, and they don't put on enough cheese. I guess "horrible" was a strong word. It's not that bad -- just not very good.

But, we've never found any really good pizza anyplace in WDW, except for Wolfgang Puck. And that's not really Chicago or NY style pizza - it's more "gourmet". But very good!!

We started buying the Digiorno frozen pizzas that rise when cooked, we keep them in the fridge and they rise after they thaw, we cook these and they are better than the Trails end pizza at 1/4 the price. I figure if frozen pizza is the best they can do then I will eat the ones I buy at Publix instead. Now, if they had a REAL hand made pizza that was fresh, I would be all over that. Seriously, how complicated is pizza ? A company at Disneys level cant even come up with a way to sell fresh made $20 pizzas and make money ? that doesnt speak well for the organization.

Its kind of funny reading the post of people that ate at the TE last year or even two years ago saying how great it was. That was then and the problems with TE are now. How bout those good ole days when it cost $5 to get into Disney....

Jim

Its kind of funny reading the post of people that ate at the TE last year or even two years ago saying how great it was. That was then and the problems with TE are now. How bout those good ole days when it cost $5 to get into Disney....

Jim

Hmm, and he is not a regular either...makes you wonder...

Never had a bad meal nor a grumpy waitperson either at TE. Last time we were there @ the end of March 08, the only thing I missed was their old-fashioned (not chocolate) bread pudding. Food was pretty good, and the servers were very friendly! :goodvibes (NOT a fan of the take-out pizza though)

Hmm, and he is not a regular either...makes you wonder...

This brings up a good question, what exactly IS a regular? I've been reading/posting on DIS since there's been a DIS but don't consider myself a regular of any type as it relates to these boards. I just enjoy reading the posts that I can relate to or contribute to on the various boards, camping being one of them. Do you mean a DIS regular? At what post count do you switch from a newbie or is it an IRregular to a regular? I'm genuinely wondering! :confused3

I don't care for the pizza at T.E. & never have since day one. Then again, I'm not a fan of the "chain" pizza's, either. To me, the T.E. pizza is too doughy & if they are busy, it can be a little underdone for my liking. The last time I had one, the cook was very generous with the cheese and toppings. For me, it's an issue with the crust. Other people like thick crust - but I'm just not a big fan. That being said, T.E. isn't a pizza parlor, so you can't expect to get a custom cooked pizza.

This brings up a good question, what exactly IS a regular?

Donna.... this is why I consider myself a regular of FtW. Others may have a different view.

My first trip to FtW was in October of 1974, when DH & I honeymooned there.

From 1975 thru 1987, we spent one week-end a month at FtW, and one full week of our vacation there.

From 1987 thru 1995, we had no camping equipment, so we would stay either in one of the cabins several week-ends a year (when they were on a Fla resident discount), or we would choose another WDW resort to stay at for a week end. No matter which resort we were at, we always made it a point to get to the Fort for a movie or just to walk a few loops, or to eat at T.E.

In 1995, we purchased a motor-home & were back to spending week-ends & vacation at FtW, only this time we went from a one week vacation to 2 or 3 weeks.

In October 2002, my DH retired from his job, and we stayed at FtW for 4 months while I commuted to my job in Tampa each day. Every evening when I left work I would holler..."I'm goin' to Disney World!!" Where upon, I would get pelted by erasers, paper clips and rubber bands. The bruises were worth it just to get my "digs" in!!!:rotfl:

In October 2003, I retired from my job & we spent a little over 3 months at FtW.

In April 2004, we completed building our current home which is 25 miles from FtW. So, in addition to camping there several times a year, we try to get over there once a week or more with our bicycles just to ride around.

Our last 3 motor homes have never seen any campground other than FtW!!!

I know.... it's a sick obsession, and someone could make a killing if they started a "Ft. Wilderness Anonymous" 12 step program. Maybe not though, cause I know I wouldn't join such a group!!:rotfl2:

Anyhow.... that's my story as to why I think I am a "regular" and I'm sticking with it!! Heck.... I've invested so much $$$ staying at FtW over the years, they should name one of the loops after me!!! Would anyone like to stay in Big Otter or Little Otter Path??? Or... how about Wynottah Way??? :lmao:

Jim

Jim, I am not sure what point you are trying to make?

Over the years we have enjoyed many good meals at Trails end, unfortunately in the last year or so the quality has diminished as well as the variety. That has made it less of a value for my family, we still eat there once in a while but nowhere near as often as we used to.

Jim, I am not sure what point you are trying to make?

Over the years we have enjoyed many good meals at Trails end, unfortunately in the last year or so the quality has diminished as well as the variety. That has made it less of a value for my family, we still eat there once in a while but nowhere near as often as we used to.

Scott, I think you missed some posts that were deleted (including my responses to them) that addressed part of this. I am sorry you didn't get to see them. You both are actually making the same point.

This brings up a good question, what exactly IS a regular? I've been reading/posting on DIS since there's been a DIS but don't consider myself a regular of any type as it relates to these boards. I just enjoy reading the posts that I can relate to or contribute to on the various boards, camping being one of them. Do you mean a DIS regular? At what post count do you switch from a newbie or is it an IRregular to a regular? I'm genuinely wondering! :confused3

I would definitely consider you a regular at FW and this board dear.:thumbsup2

... why I think I am a "regular" and I'm sticking with it!! Heck.... I've invested so much $$$ staying at FtW over the years, they should name one of the loops after me!!! Would anyone like to stay in Big Otter or Little Otter Path??? Or... how about Wynottah Way??? :lmao:

Wow! And I thought I'd been to WDW a lot! My 15+ trips seem paltry ... but of course we have to travel nearly 700 miles to get there! Are you by chance at MOS? We've looked at property there.

I was thinking today, if the Fort were sort of like a DVC where you could actually buy a site, would you? how much would you pay? i think i definitely would. it would be your site and you could rent it out. sort of like an ownership resort.

Scott, I think you missed some posts that were deleted (including my responses to them) that addressed part of this. I am sorry you didn't get to see them. You both are actually making the same point.

I thought something was missing :confused3

Wow! And I thought I'd been to WDW a lot! My 15+ trips seem paltry ... but of course we have to travel nearly 700 miles to get there! Are you by chance at MOS? We've looked at property there.

Yes... I'm at MOS North. We bought our property back in 2000 when it was still somewhat affordable!! We built in 2004 & just love it!!! Great neighbors, great place!! But then again, our motor home is just outside the door...what more could you ask for?? Ummmm..... free coffee like at Meadow would make it just perfect!!!:thumbsup2

I've been here since August, 1997. At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm a regular! :thumbsup2

Now, let's get this thead back on topic! We're talking about the Trail's End. We've always enjoyed it. It's gone through quite a few changes over the years, but it always has that homey feeling that everyone likes. And, Ken. He's definitely a "regular"!! It's always nice to walk in and see him and get his cheerful greeting! :goodvibes

The food has changed -- like with most places. But, we'll keep going. It's tradition. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter