train???

For years we loved seeing the train arrive with characters at Rope Drop. We haven't been in 4 years. Can anyone tell me what Rope Drop looks like since the train is not running? I used to get teary-eyed as they approached and smile from ear-to-ear at the same time. It is a welcoming like no other! I need to know what to expect when we finally return in December!

For years we loved seeing the train arrive with characters at Rope Drop. We haven't been in 4 years. Can anyone tell me what Rope Drop looks like since the train is not running? I used to get teary-eyed as they approached and smile from ear-to-ear at the same time. It is a welcoming like no other! I need to know what to expect when we finally return in December!

They got rid of the opening ceremony at the train station 5-6 years ago. It caused too much of a bottleneck at the turnstiles, so they went back to the typical DL and MK opening procedure ... Main Street USA opens early for shopping and dining, with seperate ropes dividing the different lands from the hub. Since not all lands are open for Early Entry, this also lets them let resorts guest through to just the lands available.

They got rid of the opening ceremony at the train station 5-6 years ago. It caused too much of a bottleneck at the turnstiles, so they went back to the typical DL and MK opening procedure ... Main Street USA opens early for shopping and dining, with seperate ropes dividing the different lands from the hub. Since not all lands are open for Early Entry, this also lets them let resorts guest through to just the lands available.
I will miss not seeing the morning show, but it did get quite congested. Thank you for explaining how it works now. That will be most helpful!

It is getting close!

I saw a report a few weeks ago where they were testing out the Train on the tracks by Storybook Circus.

It has been so LONG-I think the Train is going to feel almost like a brand new attraction for everybody!

To celebrate the return of the Train I wish they would bring back Magic Kingdom Welcome!

If they were to bring back the welcome show I would sob uncontrollably for a long, long time. They would also need to have the citizens returning.

I'll be heading to WDW right after Thanksgiving. The whole family is crossing their fingers in hopes that the train will be running. Its far from a thrill-ride but it is the little things that make WDW so special.

DTB posted a story that opening the RR adds capacity for the park, thereby allowing them to sell more day tickets. So they have incentive to get this going prior to the holiday season. What it means for more crowding if that's true... eh.

So happy to see this news! MK has not been the same without the train. Maybe it is because I know how important trains were to Walt. For me a visit to the MK is not complete without a loop around the park on the train.

And yes, I really miss the MK Welcome at the train station. There was just something special about the train pulling into the station. It always got to me.

Yes, me too.

They need the train to increase the nostalgia factor for the next generation.

I want my future grandkids to have a few anchors like that which wow them and keep the visiting cycle going

Disney parks just posted a teaser. Word is out there ..is a chance for November return in time for holidays!!!!!
I think they will have a train on the tracks as they begin shooting scenes for the Holiday Special TV program. But, I think it will only be used for that purpose and not with regular paying guests. I doubt the regular train route will be in service until all the outside work on Tron is complete and there is no longer a need for construction equipment/personel to be nearby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter