Transferring photos onto disk

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
I remember reading a little while ago about taking a memory card into locations within WDW to have them transferred to disk. Anyone know where in the parks this can be done?

Also once put on a disk - do they let you see the photos to make sure the process has worked? I am new to digital photography and nervous about erasing the memory card and then getting home and finding a blank disk.

Also I would assume that they sell memory cards in WDW and would consider buying a new one if I need to - any idea on cost? (my camera uses an SD card).

You can download photos to a cd at the Imagination area in Epcot & at the camera store on Main Street in the MK. There may be more, but these are 2 I've heard about. When we went in April, I took 2-256 mb sd cards & 1 of them crashed in the middle of MGM! So, it was a good thing that I had another one. I would definitely suggest buying an extra before you leave home. I like ecost.com, they have good prices AND rebates! Just don't buy a SanDisk brand card, they are well-known to crash. (Yes, that's what I had, and I read a professional photography website too that gave statistics as to which brands crashed alot...:rolleyes: )

We now have a laptop to download to, but in April, I went to Walgreens every night to download! I tend to take alot of photos at Disney! :teeth:

I remember someone posting a horror story here about how they copied their pictures to CD on one of these machines and lost all their vacation pictures. I carry my laptop with me and upload my pictures to it, then transfer them to my desktop machine when I get home.

If you don't have a laptop, I suggest buying more memory cards. You can buy a 256MB memory stick for about $45 at Amazon - I don't know what kind of memory your camera takes, but I think the prices for other memory cards are pretty similar. I'd be nervous about trusting my irreplacable vacation pictures to a machine I wasn't familiar with.

at night I go through the pictures I have taken and get rid of the ones I don't like - bring several memories cards.

then when I get home - straight to the computer.

of course I go alot - so pictures of WDW that I don't get I can retake later on.

definitely buy more cards before you arrive. WDW prices are expensive!

Thanks

Left it a little late to buy on internet now as we go in 1 weeks time. Hoping to visit stores on International Drive before going to WDW and wonder how much they are likely to be, if purchased there. Also do camera stores open in the early evening, as we'll be too busy in Universal Studios during the day?

Buying over here in the UK is another option but prices are very expensive in stores - a 64mb card would cost around $40!!

get you one before you leave - regardless of the cost then you know it will fit your camera.

then get a couple at the stores (I would try Kissimmee area - better prices than IB).

I think most of the store stay open until 9:00pm. a few might stay open until 11:00pm - but don't count on it.

Best BUY - 512MB Secure Digital Memory Card -on sale $83.99

E. Colonial FL (Store 157)
4601 E. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32803
Phone: 407-894-5003
Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm
Sun 11:00am-7:00pm

Jim.

There are plenty of Wal Marts, Targets in the area. I would buy my memory card there.

The story of the missing pictures on the CD lives on. You should just take several memory cards with you so that you can make sure you still have the images even if they are burned onto the CD.

The CD should be backed up so in case something happens you have more than one copy of the CD. It is a good idea to hold onto the images on your memory card until you can get home and burn another copy of the images.

Better to be safe than sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter