• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transiberian Rail - Golden Eagle

goodcat

Earning My Ears
I noticed that ABD recently acquired NatGeo. I surfed their website and found an intriguing transiberian rail trip from Vladivostok to Moscow. Has anyone ever made this trip (or any other long railroad journey)? Were you able to get used to the rocking and sounds of the rail?

This is actually on my bucket list, but I haven't looked into many different tours. I'm pretty sure my alumni association does a trip, which I thought would be cool with the lectures.

My father would like to travel to Far East Russia, specifically Vladivostok, Komsomolsk-on-the-Amur and Birobidzhan. He's asked me to plan something. I love to plan travel and have done lots of on-my-own and private trips as well as group trips. There isn't much out there in this part of the world as far as tourism goes. I'm looking for any tour company/TA that is familiar with the region. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

My father would like to travel to Far East Russia, specifically Vladivostok, Komsomolsk-on-the-Amur and Birobidzhan. He's asked me to plan something. I love to plan travel and have done lots of on-my-own and private trips as well as group trips. There isn't much out there on this part of the world as far as tourism goes. I'm looking for any tour company/TA that is familiar with the region. Any suggestions?

Nat geo itinerary looks really good- they include some predays in Vladivostok and post days in Moscow.
I’m surprised at how nice the National Geographic train tours are… The one in India includes stays on palace on wheels, which is extremely high end. This looks like a hidden gem.

We have done the Palace on Wheels and Golden Chariot trains in India. It was a great experience! Rather like a cruise on rails, with all of the excursions and guides included. Each train car (with 4 rooms) had a living room and two staff members to wait on you. When we went on the Palace on Wheels it was shortly after a bombing and the train was half empty from cancellations, so my inlaws, my husband and I had the entire car to ourselves. There is a dining car where you eat some of the time and other meals were at palaces or fancy restaurants. We had breakfast right in the living room of our train car. Definitely the best way to see India as a foreigner, in my opinion. The rocking sideways actually made sleeping easier (the train traveled by night).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter