Transporation questions

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
I need your help!! :) I currently hold a car reservation for $124 with taxes from Alamo for 5 days. We are first staying onsite at WDW for 3 nights, then moving to RP for 2 nights. My DH keeps insisting it will be less expensive to NOT have the car. But we would need shuttle/taxi from airport to WDW, then taxi/shuttle from WDW to RP, then back to airport. Granted, we will save on parking fees at parks and at RP if we don't have a car. I figured by the time you add parking fees & gas to our $124 week rental, it is more like $160.

What would you do??? I like the convenience & ease of having a car, but don't want it just to sit in parking lots for the week (at our expense!) with my DH saying "told you we shouldn't have rented it...."

I heard RP has a Hertz desk. Is that still true? Let's say we rent a car at MCO to WDW (1 day at $30??), then taxi from WDW to RP ($25???) then rent car at RP to take back to airport ($30???) Does that sound right?? Total cost would be about $85 give or take..... Hmmmmm.

Any suggestions or insight?

Thanks all for bearing with me :)

For your WDW portion, I would have the car. It is so much more convenient. At US, the only time you need the car is if you leave property, however, you will find everything you need right there so you could save money that way.

Hope that helps.

Budget has some great deals and is within walking distance to RPR.Why not take a cab back to the airport so you don't have to return a car?It's closer than WDW.We are renting a car for the Disney portion and returning it to the Radisson(5 mins.from the RPR) when we get to the RPR and then a town car to the airport.

We had towncar transportation from MCO to WDW, WDW to RPR, RPR to MCO = $115.+tip. We loved the towncar service but will have to say we had no intention of going offsite from either resort area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter