Transport from WDW to Florida Mall

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
I am going as a non-driver and wondered what was the best value way to Florida Mall from the Yacht Club? I htought Taxi may be just a tad on the expensive side and besides they have Town and Country cars operating from the Mall and I find them quite dodgy.

Do WDW operate Mears Shuttles at all? What else would you suggest? Is it better value to hire a car for a day? We're only gonna be there from 10.00 am to 2.00pm at the latest and then heading off for Disney Market Place.

If you think in the long run cabs the way then so be it!

Thanx

I would think that it may be quite expensive to get a taxi to the Florida Mall from WDW. DH and I stayed our 1st week this past December at the Country Inn and Suites just off I Drive and paid around $18 to the Florida Mall and it was about a 10min drive from our hotel. We managed to get a lynx bus though back from the Mall to the Belz for a couple of $ and then hopped on the I Drive bus back to the hotel. I know there is a Lynx bus connection from WDW to just outside Sea World - you could then get the I DRive bus to the Belz, then hop onto the other Lynx connection. Might take a while though - but worth looking into.
We've taken the Mears from WDW to the airport, but don't know if they do a direct link to the Mall - have a look at their web site.
Good luck. :)

We never have a car when we go to Disney and end up getting taxis or Mears shuttles off site. I'm not sure if Mears still do a shuttle to the FLorida Mall, I know last year they did. However, we ended up getting a cab from the resort (they park the cabs directly outside the front of the Disney resorts and Bell Services will call one up to the door for you) because Mears shuttle would make stops at other resorts and attractions first. I can't remember the exact amount but it was about $30 one way. The taxi driver gave us a card and we just rung the number from a payphone when we wanted picking up. There are normally taxis outside the entrance of Florida Mall but we always feel safer calling for the taxi from the number given on the card. It worked out more expensive than the Mears shuttle but even then there were 3 of us and we would have had to have paid per person to use Mears, plus of course it was more convenient going direct from the Resort to the Mall without any pickups/stops.

We tried the Lynx a few times to get to various places. It is definately the cheapest way to do it BUT (and it's a very big but) not the most convenient.

The Lynx buses leave WDW from the bus station area to the right of the transportation and ticket centre. There is a man stationed there who can tell you what busses you will need to take. However, there is no shelter at the bus stop at all. And sometimes it can be a very long wait. Definately not comfortable in the florida sun. The timekeeping of the busses is very erratic. Sometimes they are bang on schedule, and others they just never show up. Another thing to consider is the transfers.

We went from WDW to Wallmart which was actually fine. No transfers required (It was slightly annoying though since we were staying at ASMo and we had to go alllllllllllll the way to the TTC just to head right back towards ASMO). We also used the Lynx to get to I-Drive and Pointe Orlando, Belz and from there you can get a transfer to the Florida Mall. But to get to Belz etc. you have to transfer too. So that's 2 ttransfers to the Florida Mall. It is the transfers that are the problem. We were told that we had to get off a certain stop to transfer (and the driver told us when we were there), when we got off we were in the middle of nowhere, with no shade, no water and millions of ants!!! There were a few other people in the same situation as us and there were as horrified as we were. The bus we wanted didn't come for ages so when the next bus came, we asked where he was going and then just got on.

So, in my opinion, the Lynx is fine if you don't have to transfer.:eek:

Ona

Do it by taxi. Expensive (about £40 roundtrip) but worth it. Takes about 25 minutes each way but very comfortable and there when you need it. Given that you tend to save on shopping there anyway, it's most definitely worth it. We usually go more than once and all chip in to the taxi fare.

J o h n :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter