transportation at christmas time question?

goofy4mickey48

It's all in the attitude!
How is it? We will be going 12/ 25- 1/5, can you get away with not renting a car, or is the disney transportation just to crowded? Don't want to waist to much time waiting for buses ect. But also trying to save on the expense , has anyone gone at Christmas and used the Disney transportation? Thanks...........goof

We went last Christmas from 12/23-12/29 and did not rent a car. We used Disney transportation and had no problems at all. My DF used a wheelchair and we were a party of 12. It was nice to be able to have "another" glass of wine without worrying about who would be driving!!!

We were there last year 12/23- 12/28. We had a rent a car, but used the buses also. They were crowed but no more crowed than the parks. If you drive the parking lots will be packed, as well as the trams. We will be back this year 12/28-1/2 and will use buses and car again. We like the option to use the car, but not having a car should not be a problem.

During peak times, the buses do get crowded. However, we do put up additional buses to meet the demand, so it really doesn't become a problem...

As for driving... during peak times, as someone mentioned, the parking lots and parking trams do become quite full as well. And the lines for the Toll Plaza can get quite lengthy. (MK can back up for 2miles) Disney buses have the advantage of rerouting to avoid such jams.

Thanks for your responses, I think we'll rely on Disney transportation, I'm sure they do an excellent job! thanks again!....goof

(This is not a monorail extension versus bus service gripe!)

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
lines for the Toll Plaza can get quite lengthy. (MK can back up for 2miles) Disney buses have the advantage of rerouting to avoid such jams.

Even though this occurs only a few times per year, has WDW considered a queue jumping lane for buses? In its simplest form it would be a wider breakdown lane, plus WDW police arriving to direct traffic at any specific automobile breakdown, namely hold back the right travel lane to let buses go around the obstruction.

Save having to reroute buses from the south resorts through numerous traffic lights past Port Orleans and onto a service road.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Something I would like to see on freeways across the country. In case of accident during rush hour, a helicopter arrives and any disabled cars cars are wrapped up like Christmas presents and hauled off the road, then covered with a tarpaulin if not moved far enough to be out of sight. After the traffic thins out, then the cars can be attended to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter