Transportation Between PBR and AKL

Penstroker

Earning My Ears
We are starting our vacation at Portofino Bay and then moving to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. What would be the cheapest and/or easiest way to transfer to AKL? Our Disney UPH ticket is activated the moment we check in so we want to get there at least by mid morning.

Thanks for the advice.

Your best bet would be a taxi or alot of people here use Tiffany's limo service. Their number should be somewhere on this site.

Thanks for the ideas. I checked into them, but I'm also open for a cheaper solution.

Has anyone heard that you can get free transportation from Universal to Sea World? I was thinking of taking that because I thought I read you could take the public bus from Sea World to Disney.

Comments/advice??

Thanks again!!

The Universal hotels provide a free shuttle to Sea World a couple times a day. The concierge can give you the schedule. I don't know about public transportaion. Do you really want to drag all your luggage on a public bus??

I totally agree with the ideas listed above or a taxi, not sure that would be much cheaper though. You mentioned easiest and cheapest. I dont think it would be easy at all to take the public bus with all your luggage. You also have to consider getting to sea world first. Sounds like a huge waste of time and effort. Also keep in mind that if you do go that route the bus isnt taking you to the disney resorts but to TTC. What were you quoted? I remember doing it for around $40 one way.

We were quoted $36, but the trip from the airport (since it isn't round trip) will be $85 for a total of $121 for two adults. We found out we could rent a car for $186, so we may go that route. Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Karen

The Mear's shuttle is about $12 per person from Universal to Disney. It's about $14 per person from the airport one way.

You're right about the Mears shuttle being $12 between the parks, but one way transport between the hotels is $36 (due to the fact they have to send a car). Using Mears would cost $96 total, but we wanted a grocery stop so we were going to use a towncar service and save money on breakfasts.

Thanks for the thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter