• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation from Bomas to CSR?

aubriee

<font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes
I posted this on the Transportation board, but thought I might get a better response here. In Dec we'll be dining at Bomas on a Friday night. My mom will have an ECV. We'll be taking a WDW bus from a park to AKL, but after dinner what is the best way to get back to CSR. I had thought about a taxi, but with the ECV I don't think that'd be possible. I know the ECVs come apart, but neither my mom nor I would have any idea how or for that matter how to put it back together. Is the only other option a bus to DTD, then another bus back to CSR?

We went to Boma and stayed at CSR. We took the bus to AK then got another bus to AKL. Simple enough. Just do the reverse and it will work for you :)

By the way, it isn't Bomas, it just Boma :)

You might talk to Guest Services at AKL to saee about the possibility of getting an accessible van to assist you with your transportation.

As far as using a taxi, the ECVs are easy to take apart and put together. I will routinely use valet parking and most of the valets know how to do this. Also, when you get your ECV there should be an instruction sheet with pictures on it provided. In addition, in the disABILTIES FAQ is a description of how to disassemble and assemble most ECVs, and a taxi's trunk should be large enough.

LindsayDunn228 said:
We went to Boma and stayed at CSR. We took the bus to AK then got another bus to AKL. Simple enough. Just do the reverse and it will work for you :)

That's not going to work if they are going for dinner- AK closes at 5 or so and resort buses don't run to the parks 1 1/2 hours after closing.

Depending on what time you get done dinner, you can either:

a. Get on the DTD bus and then transfer to the CSR bus.
b. Get on a bus to an open theme park (Epcot is usually open the latest, until 9 PM) and then transfer to a CSR bus.

That's if you want to stick with Disney transportation.

It looks like everyone has given you good suggestions.

I like taking the WDW transportation, too.

Making sure that the park is not closed earlier, like AK, at least when you need to leave AKL.

One last thing is to ask guest services or valet at AKL if they could contact WDW bus transportation to see if they were going to Coronado after the park and maybe you could stay on that bus until you get to CSR. This may work for DTD destination, too.

If AK bus came by I would take that one.

Sincerely, Ray :)

phillybeth said:
That's not going to work if they are going for dinner- AK closes at 5 or so and resort buses don't run to the parks 1 1/2 hours after closing.

Yes it would work. I never said you have to go to AK, it was just a suggestion that worked for us. You could go to any park or DD and catch a bus to AKL.

This has already been mentioned, but I'm just putting it out again as a suggestion with the other things in the thread.
Guest Relations at AKL can contact WDW transportation for you to arrange for an accessible van/small bus to pick you up and take you back to CSR as Cheshire Figment mentioned.
Several WDW bus drivers have mentioned in the past that this option exists for people who have more than 2 in their party who need wheelchair/ecv access or if you need to be somewhere that is difficult to get to.

If a park is still open when you are ready to leave, I would go to one of them rather than DD - in our experience, the bus service is better/more often from the parks than DD.
There is bus service to/from DD to all the resorts until Pleasure Island closes, so a bus to DD is probably your safest option if you are close to park closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter