transportation from resorts...

kaylajr

Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
i am trying to pick a resort to stay in for our 12/03 trip
i have never stayed on site and didn't realize all of the choices

except for the contempoary what other resorts have monarail?

does the monarail go to all the parks?
what about the waterparks and DTD do we use buses for them i really don't want to have to rent a car?

Thanks

There are 3 resorts on the Monorail - Grand Floridian, Contemporary & Poly. The only parks connected to the Monorail are the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. All other parks including waterparks and Downtown Disney can be reached via bus. We have stayed on site twice and never rent a car. We have just used the buses to get where we are going.

Check out www.wdwig.com and you can read detailed info about all the resorts and transportation.

The monorail resorts include the:
Polynesian
The Contemporary
The Grand Floridian

The only ways to get to the MK from Wilderness Lodge is by boat, or to drive.

The monorail only services 2 parks... the MK and Epcot. The others you will have to take a bus, or drive.

From The Boardwalk, and Yacht and Beach Club you may take a Water Taxi to MGM and Epcot, or they are in walking distance .

Animal Kingdom is only accessible by bus or car, no matter where you stay.

The only mode of transportation to the parks from any of the moderates or value resorts or Animal Kingdom Lodge is by bus or car.

If you are driving, you can drive, and parking is free to any onsite resort guest.

How one gets somewhere depends on where the resort is located:

1. Carribean, Coronado, All-Stars, and Animal Kingdom Lodge are served only by busses to parks, waterparks and Downtown Disney.

2. Old Key West and Port Orleans have busses only except there is also a boat to Downtown Disney.

3. Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Polynesian are monorail resorts for which you take monorail to MK and Epcot, elsewhere is by bus. You can also walk to MK from the Contemporary.

4. BoardWalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin are the Epcot resorts from which you can walk to either Epcot or MGM or take a boat; busses elsewhere.

Also there is a boat from the Contemporary to MK.

The array of Disney Transportation can be confusing until you are used to it, and my mother still gets confused. ;)

I think the most important aspect of the whole thing is to note, that when you stay at a Disney Hotel, there will be some form of transportation be it Bus, Boat, or Monorail from the Resort to All the Parks and back. This transportation runs from 1 to 2 hours before the parks open, until 1 or so after the parks close.

Also while the monorail is a lot of fun, if you decide to use Disney Transportation you will be using the busses to visit at least a couple of the parks.

I recommend taking Disney Transportation to all the parks. The only place I find it easier to drive to is Downtown Disney (the busses run slower there).

Here's a link to OurLaughingPlace.com's transportation wizard. You choose where you want to go and it tells you how you can get there.

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.asp

And here's the link to WdwInfo's Transportation Wizard.
Its the same Idea.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/transportation/transportation1.cfm

Hope this helps!! Planning a Disney Trip for the first time is a lot of fun, but there is a lot to learn.

Cindy in NY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter