Travel insurance

dennise

DIS Veteran
What is the best medical insurance for travel with a pre-existing condition. My husband had an angiogram in the early 1990’s and has had no issues since then. He is on a couple of medications. Cholesterol and hypertension. He spoke to his physician yesterday who said he would be considered stable. Because of the angiogram one company we checked with wouldn’t insure him.

What is the best medical insurance for travel with a pre-existing condition. My husband had an angiogram in the early 1990’s and has had no issues since then. He is on a couple of medications. Cholesterol and hypertension. He spoke to his physician yesterday who said he would be considered stable. Because of the angiogram one company we checked with wouldn’t insure him.
How old is he? And you need to read the definition of stable used by each insurance company. Just because your doctor says he’s stable doesn’t mean the insurance company will agree. Say for example one of his medications gets reduced 30 days before your trip because he is doing well, some insurance companies will say any change in medication 30 days before means he’s not considered stable.

Just putting this out there because a couple friends I have talked to forgot they have travel insurance through work. If you have benefits (dental, prescription, etc.) you more than likely have out of country insurance which usually covers you regardless of any pre-existing illness. Just give your provider a call to verify.

Just putting this out there because a couple friends I have talked to forgot they have travel insurance through work. If you have benefits (dental, prescription, etc.) you more than likely have out of country insurance which usually covers you regardless of any pre-existing illness. Just give your provider a call to verify.
We lost the travel insurance when my husband retired but still have medical and dental.

look into CAA they have the option to add a pre-existing condition rider that gives you a stability period of 7 days, that's about the best you'll find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter