Travel time from Santa Monica to DL?

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
I’m tagging along with a work trip my husband is taking and we will be staying in Santa Monica. One day I’m going to head down to DL. I’d like to be there are rope drop, and this will be a week day so I know traffic could be a bear. We are coming from the east coast so hoping that works in my favor (will naturally be up very early).

Curious what time I can get to the DL parking lot, and about what time I should plan to leave Santa Monica.

If rope drop is at 8am, you may want to leave at 6:30am at the latest (If I were you, I would shoot for 6:00am though because I hate worrying about time). It takes us a good hour when we travel between Santa Monica/Disneyland. Going a bit earlier will avoid the heavier morning traffic.

5:50am or 6am. I live a little south of SM and leave at 6am when I want to do rope drop. Parking opens at 7am. Check traffic conditions day of.

Thanks! At first I was worried about leaving too early and just sitting around. Didn’t realize DL parking opens so early! I have no doubt I will be up at the crack of dawn (or earlier) because I will still be on east coast time so will plan to leave a bit before 6.

Can’t wait! I haven’t been to DL in ages

Thanks! At first I was worried about leaving too early and just sitting around. Didn’t realize DL parking opens so early! I have no doubt I will be up at the crack of dawn (or earlier) because I will still be on east coast time so will plan to leave a bit before 6.

Can’t wait! I haven’t been to DL in ages

Yes and they start scanning tickets at 7:30, so you’ll already have been through security and near the front of the line!

5:50am or 6am. I live a little south of SM and leave at 6am when I want to do rope drop. Parking opens at 7am. Check traffic conditions day of.
This is the way. I live in MidCity, left at 6:10 Tuesday morning, and they were already scanning people in by the time I got to the gates (granted, I walked through Downtown Disney vs taking the tram). Traffic builds so quickly in the mornings.

Yeah, no later than 6am, and if you are awake and ready earlier, keep an eye on traffic and leave earlier if traffic looks bad. I live under 15 miles away and if I wanted to be at rope drop, I'd be leaving not much later than 6:30 myself. Don't underestimate how long it takes to park, go through security and either ride the tram or walk to the park gates.

Thanks. Honestly I will probably hit the road by 5:30. I will be up and no doubt super excited!

How is the parking? Like I said it’s been ages since I went and honestly haven’t parked at DL since the ‘80s when it was waaaaay different (I have been since things changed, but we stayed local so walked).

Thanks. Honestly I will probably hit the road by 5:30. I will be up and no doubt super excited!

How is the parking? Like I said it’s been ages since I went and honestly haven’t parked at DL since the ‘80s when it was waaaaay different (I have been since things changed, but we stayed local so walked).
That early in the morning parking should be fine. You can go into the garage and wait for the booths to open. Other cars will probably be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter