Traveling to Arizona from Dis & the HoJo

NezzieRella

Earning My Ears
I live in utah, but may be taking a road trip to arizona. I was maybe hoping to extend the whole trip and go to Disneyland first (Utah to CA, CA to AZ, & AZ to UT). I just need to know how long of a drive it is from Disneyland to Mesa, AZ. Anyone know?

Also, I've read a few good reviews for the HoJo. Is it very close to the park, and has anyone stayed there recently? We'll be traveling with our 2 year old DD, if that makes any difference.

Any info would be very helpful. Thanks!

DL to Mesa would be a good 7-8 hour trip I would imagine. I live in Ventura County and on a good day (no traffic) I can do it in 7 1/2 hours. From what I've read, people seem to like HoJo's pretty well. It's across the street. Not sure how long a walk it is. Check Tripadvisor.com for reviews.

For us (East Mesa) it's a 400-mile trip, give or take a few miles. One time we did it in just over 6 hours, but only because we left late (avoiding PHX rush hour) and stopped little (kids slept through). Most of the time, it's an all-day affair (8+ hours)....but then I have a 5yo, 3yo, 2yo who all need potty breaks/diaper changes, and husband who starts dying without his smoke break.

I live in West Phoenix and when I leave for Disneyland after work (From MId Phoenix) We leave about 2:30 or 3PM and we arrive in Disneyland about 5 1/2 to 6 hours later. (The first time was 5 1/2 hours and the next time was 6 due to Traffic) We only stop once for Gas and dinner break usually around Palm Springs. we eat fast food and run. we are two adults no kids traveling. The speed limit in the California Desert is 70 and Arizona Desert is 75mph. Mesa is about a half hour east of my work.

If you travel now there is an hour time change. Once it changes back we will be on the same time zone as California.

I agree with the 5.5 to 6 hours. I live 25 miles west of DL & with "normal" traffic it takes us about 6 hours to get to Phoenix (1/2 hour to get to DL).

However, keep in mind that if you hit our "rush-hour-NOT" between 3pm'ish and 7pm'ish you may run into heavy traffic that will probably add another hour to your trip, so you may want to factor that in.

The Ho Jo is a great hotel & close enough to the parks to walk, but just far enough that after a long day you may want to just take the ART shuttle back.

We stayed at HoJo's last August. The hotel was nice with the exception that our room faced right out to the expressway so it was rather noisey. :car: Needless to say we didn't use our balcony. We were in building #1. The walk to Disneyland is an easy walk and takes about 10minutes (I am not a fast walker). I would stay at HoJo's again, just not in building 1.

Carol

WOO HOO!! MESA! :banana: It usually takes us about 5 1/2 hours to 6 hours to get there. Depending on traffic. I always go about 5 miles over the speed limit. Sometimes it will take us longer depending on traffic. Never more than an hour off schedule. We usually try to avoid the traffic from the I-5 and go straight to the 91 freeway off of Harbor Blvd. That will cut our travel time by a half hours sometimes. :moped:

We just went there and back last week from Gilbert (next to Mesa), and our Navigation system said 372 miles from our house to Disneyland and 5 hours 52 minutes. It took us longer on the way home with rush hour near Riverside at 12:00 on a Friday? :confused3 We left at 1:00 and pulled in at 8:00pm. There were 3 really bad accidents in Phoenix on the I-10. We only stopped two times there and back.

One time we went from Salt Lake to San Diego to Tempe back to Salt Lake. That was a LONG trip and it was just the two of us then. :hug:

We always found the cheapest gas in Quartzite (10 miles from Blythe) on the I-10. Have a great time! :thumbsup2

Love the Hojo's- Great Pool (adult and kiddie). Got a room that had a view of the fireworks- worth the extra couple of bucks. Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter