Travelling Cheap?

palmetto

Mouseketeer
I'm going to be in the Orlando area on April 29th for a funeral/memorial service (my grandfather's ashes are being taken to the Florida National Cemetary in Bushnell), and I'm giving serious consideration to using the rest of the weekend for taking my New Yorker boyfriend on his first Disney trip. I'm trying to do it on the cheap, as it's sort of short notice, and I'm planning on things like staying in one of the cheap motels on 192 and buying Florida Resident discount passes, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a young couple trying to see the parks on a tight budget? I was going to try and take him for a full day of Epcot on that Saturday and then do the full day of the Magic Kingdom on Sunday.

I used to go to WDW once a year when I was in high school, but haven't really been back since.

you know WDW has to have proved that you live in Fl - either a driver licence - or a utility bill with your name on it for a Fl resident.

Doing WDW on the cheap is hard. Especially for a short trip. Don't eat inside the parks - but you probably know that.

Nope, he just grew up in NYC. He's lived in Florida since 2002 or so, and has been to Universal, but has never had a Disney trip. He has no idea of what a different experience it is--I intend to rectify this situation. :earsgirl:

I'm trying to get a group of friends together so we can at least save on the motel room. :flower: It's just hard because we're driving and the only vehicle we have is a compact pickup truck. We can fit one very small person in the backseat, and the only friend to agree so far is a guy who's 6'5" and 300lbs easy. :teeth:

I'd say pack PB&J sandwiches and if you can get a few more people to go down go for a one or two bedroom timeshare rather than a motel. Because nothing feels better after a commando day at the parks than to dip your feet in a hot tub.

Another option is to go over to mousesavers.com and see if they have anything special going on over there during the time you'll be there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter