Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

You're a better man than I Gunga Din.

I just went to a better college.

I'm funning with you of course! I appreciate the answers. And that's not a left handed compliment.
On another note ZZUB...
We are headed to Alabama to Gulf Shores sometime this summer or early fall...
Beach Club Resort... (Not the Disney one)
Looking forward to that beautiful beach.

I have been lurking with everyone's plans and been doing some back of the napkin strategies but I finally cut my first real deal plan.

Thank you to @GADisneyDad14, @hiroMYhero

My touring style is more like @GADisneyDad14 in that we also take pool breaks. I am a seasoned planner and project manager by trade which is telling that now having 6 FP passes to organize was much more difficult to plan around the pool time and lunch/dinner ADRs, so if you are new to planning, it is expected.

I am posting my initial thoughts on my week, here is my spreadsheet with the above restrictions, I only hope this helps you guys as I have been helped. This is not the final but this is my initial strategy given my limitation.

Edit* the red triangle on some cells represent the regular FPs that I am going to change to my double up tier 1 selections.

2018_WDW_FP$.png

I have been lurking with everyone's plans and been doing some back of the napkin strategies but I finally cut my first real deal plan.

Thank you to @GADisneyDad14, @hiroMYhero

My touring style is more like @GADisneyDad14 in that we also take pool breaks. I am a seasoned planner and project manager by trade which is telling that now having 6 FP passes to organize was much more difficult to plan around the pool time and lunch/dinner ADRs, so if you are new to planning, it is expected.

I am posting my initial thoughts on my week, here is my spreadsheet with the above restrictions, I only hope this helps you guys as I have been helped. This is not the final but this is my initial strategy given my limitation.

Edit* the red triangle on some cells represent the regular FPs that I am going to change to my double up tier 1 selections.

View attachment 316733
That spreadsheet is great! Love the icons!

Looking forward to your future review of 5 “Extra” Days...looks like an amazing plan. :goodvibes

@mmtwinmama - Are you absolutely certain it was your Extra/Paid FPs that they could modify if you texted them? I know they can do regular FPs (that's normal) - if they can in fact adjust Extra/Paid ones, that's a good option.

For those that might not know, DSS and the CL CMs you text with while a guest are two different things. The texts go to CL CMs sitting at the CL desks. Those folks and DSS are sort of separate worlds in the Disney universe, generally speaking.[/QUOTE]

Hi. Yes. 100% positive it was our extra FPS.
I also texted tonight while we were at Studios to just cancel our extra Star Tours Fastpasses because we rode standby as a walk on and wanted to book more Fastpasses as we went along and having those was blocking us from that hour.
We were in a Toy Story Frenzy. I was constantly able to book almost immediate Fastpasses for Toy Story once we swiped. We did it for 4 of us twice and then 2 of us 4 more times. Then 4 of us again but at that point there was no standby line. The weather has to be the cause. We finally left at 8:25 with it still having no wait because our arms hurt.

Last edited:
First day using the extra Club Level Fastpasses at Magic Kingdom and have to say I loved the whole experience....
I think everything just went right for my family and I today... with the extra fast passes, few thunderstorms, and what seemed to me very manageable crowds we had a fantastic day!!!
Quick overview of our day. My family consists of 5 of us (me, wife, 8yo,6yo,2yo). We were able to ride 7DMT (twice), jungle cruise, BTMR, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid
Kids were also able to meet Aladdin, Jasmine, Cinderella, Elena, Tiana, Rapunzel, Talking Mickey, Gaston, Fairy Godmother, Tinkerbell
I attached a few photos from our reserved viewing area (that’s my wife and kids in picture) there was just us and one other family in the roped off area... plenty of space to spread out!!!
Had a fantastic day today and can’t wait to see how it goes in Epcot tomorrow!!

Attachments

• CD574355-F73C-4DEF-9ECC-67B6D5FA1F4E.jpeg
    CD574355-F73C-4DEF-9ECC-67B6D5FA1F4E.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 69
  • CC67F73B-FA49-4601-A8B5-F75D825D5804.jpeg
    CC67F73B-FA49-4601-A8B5-F75D825D5804.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 9C70B3E8-FAB3-4C37-B3C0-54699680EF9C.jpeg
    9C70B3E8-FAB3-4C37-B3C0-54699680EF9C.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 60
@Ronferr80
The colors in your shots are amazing!
@TriSeb°o°
Great spreadsheet!
We're planning similar strategies to.you...
But for our MK days we plan on returning to our resort (CR) a little later, to take advantage of the evening appetizers, and eating lunch in the park.

Quick question, involving FP+ strategy. We have a 3 y/o (4th b'day at the end of our trip) and 4 adults. I'm thinking that 7DMT might be a little bit overwhelming for him and wanted to plan a different FP for him in the same time period. Can we separate them out AND would he be able to have a parent ride whichever ride it is with him, or do they also need a fast pass? I can't think of anything we'd want him to go on alone. If not, DH or I will suck it up Buttercup and just skip mine train.
TIA,
NonnaT

Can we separate them out AND would he be able to have a parent ride whichever ride it is with him, or do they also need a fast pass?
The adult will also need a FP.

If he is too short for 7D, you can ask for a Rider Swap pass when the group reaches the 7D FP line. The CM does need to see the 3 year-old before the Swap pass can be issued.

The adult will also need a FP.

If he is too short for 7D, you can ask for a Rider Swap pass when the group reaches the 7D FP line. The CM does need to see the 3 year-old before the Swap pass can be issued.
He's tall enough, just not sure he'll like it. It's his first time AND he's never been on any rides before. Thanks for the information!
I can't imagine planning a trip without "The Dis"!
I'm thinking Barnstormer will be more up.his alley!

Is there a way to print out this thread? I'm heading into multiple days of proctoring a state exam and need something to keep me from going stir crazy! This would be helpful and I can start to sketch out some itinerary ideas. Thanks!

On another note ZZUB...
We are headed to Alabama to Gulf Shores sometime this summer or early fall...
Beach Club Resort... (Not the Disney one)
Looking forward to that beautiful beach.

Hey, that is my neck of the woods! I hope that you have a wonderful time. Those beaches sure are treasures and I am so happy that people have the opportunity to enjoy our little pieces of paradise!

Today our extra fastpass ride was down. We received the email and it offered us 2 options.
Although it was FOP we were ok with it because we rode it with Regular FP. And now because this extra won’t expire until tomorrow we are happy to use it at MK tomorrow which is our check out day. We didn’t purchase the extras for tomorrow.

Attachments

• 84DAD233-C6CD-4417-92E9-2242899348FF.png
    84DAD233-C6CD-4417-92E9-2242899348FF.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 68
First day using the extra Club Level Fastpasses at Magic Kingdom and have to say I loved the whole experience....
I think everything just went right for my family and I today... with the extra fast passes, few thunderstorms, and what seemed to me very manageable crowds we had a fantastic day!!!
Quick overview of our day. My family consists of 5 of us (me, wife, 8yo,6yo,2yo). We were able to ride 7DMT (twice), jungle cruise, BTMR, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid
Kids were also able to meet Aladdin, Jasmine, Cinderella, Elena, Tiana, Rapunzel, Talking Mickey, Gaston, Fairy Godmother, Tinkerbell
I attached a few photos from our reserved viewing area (that’s my wife and kids in picture) there was just us and one other family in the roped off area... plenty of space to spread out!!!
Had a fantastic day today and can’t wait to see how it goes in Epcot tomorrow!!

Good to hear a positive report! :) Can I ask whether you booked your CL FPs or your regular FPs earlier in the day? (I did the latter, with regular FPs at 9, 10, and 11, in the hopes of getting 4th FPs, and CL FPs in the evening, but am having second thoughts about my strategy!) Sorry if you posted this earlier and I missed it. Thanks!

He's tall enough, just not sure he'll like it. It's his first time AND he's never been on any rides before. Thanks for the information!
I can't imagine planning a trip without "The Dis"!
I'm thinking Barnstormer will be more up.his alley!
I think they will likely still give you a rider swap even if he is tall enough.

Good to hear a positive report! :) Can I ask whether you booked your CL FPs or your regular FPs earlier in the day? (I did the latter, with regular FPs at 9, 10, and 11, in the hopes of getting 4th FPs, and CL FPs in the evening, but am having second thoughts about my strategy!) Sorry if you posted this earlier and I missed it. Thanks!

That’s how I booked mine..... reg fp at 9,10,11 and then my paid fp afterwards 12,1,2. Right after I scanned at 11 booked my 4th for after the three paid and went on from there.... will try to give a little more detail when I get home but was going back and forth myself when booking this but felt like it worked well for my family and I!! :)

Once we used our regular FP, we were able to book more regular FP. We didn't try texting this trip though. We visited during Easter, so it was pretty busy.

I wasn't able to modify any e-ride FP for earlier times.

I slightly left the booking up to the CM. the first day our regular vs. extra FP times were mixed together. The second day, our reg FP were all early, followed by our extra FP.

Since it was Easter week, our first FP started at 8am, with MK open until 2am/midnight! So our 6th FP was done around 3pm each day (roughly one per hour with a little time gap around noon). Even Easter week, we were able to get a few extra FP at MK, just not any e-rides. I did feel like FP lines were longer than they used to be. Between 8am-3pm, when we had a FP approx. one per hour, we were only able to fit in a few non-FP rides (standby queue). Again, Easter week, but the Standby queues we picked were mostly attractions that had short waits: carrousel, Philarmagic, Pooh, HM (got lucky), PotC (about 30min), teacups, IaSW.

We did not have any ADR's, and only did very minimal shopping in the parks.

Even still, 6FP = quite a bit of touring. We did go back to our hotel every afternoon, but traveling across WDW takes a while, when you add up all the details, like security, bag search, and scanning your ticket, walking to your room, etc.

A significant logistical factor every day is seeing the PM show.

I'm so sorry if this has been explained, but for some reason I can't get my mind wrapped around this. I have a club level stay at Beach club for two nights followed by a stay at Polynesian Bungalows for 4 nights. Will I be able to book all of my paid fastpasses 90 days from my first stay check out date?

I'm so sorry if this has been explained, but for some reason I can't get my mind wrapped around this. I have a club level stay at Beach club for two nights followed by a stay at Polynesian Bungalows for 4 nights. Will I be able to book all of my paid fastpasses 90 days from my first stay check out date?
No. If you wait until Stay#2’s Checkout date, you can book all your paid FP days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter