Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I will just wait and see. The trial may fail. The terms and conditions may change. I will request an upper floor room and allergy cleaning just in case and I should be good. I'll be okay even if the policy continues as long as the dogs are not permitted in the lobby, restaurants, pool areas etc. I can easily get an allergic reaction from pet dander being on an upholstered chair in a public area. I've had a bad reaction from a patron's coat with pet hair on it before hung next to my coat at a dinner.

You can just avoid those resorts if you have dog dander issues.

hahahahahaha.

I've been planning this trip for over a year. i'm only learning about this change now, about 80 days before I arrive. I have a party of 15! I have to stay at a resort that sleeps 5 guests per room. in the moderate category, there are only 2: POR and CBR. CBR is under renovation and I wouldn't stay there if you PAID me, so POR it is. Not to mention that there's almost no resort availability for the first few nights of my stay. Financially, I can't exactly upgrade all 3 rooms to the Poly at this point even if there were rooms available! What a flippant response!

hahahahahaha.

I've been planning this trip for over a year. i'm only learning about this change now, about 80 days before I arrive. I have a party of 15! I have to stay at a resort that sleeps 5 guests per room. in the moderate category, there are only 2: POR and CBR. CBR is under renovation and I wouldn't stay there if you PAID me, so POR it is. Not to mention that there's almost no resort availability for the first few nights of my stay. Financially, I can't exactly upgrade all 3 rooms to the Poly at this point even if there were rooms available! What a flippant response!

I only go every four years. I have been planning for a year for next October. POR is the ONLY resort DH and I can agree on and my reservations are already made. I won't be changing resorts. Do they charge ME for the allergy cleaning?

They have been testing turning down housekeeping at some resorts as well. Hope they don’t extend that to any of the dog resorts. Talk about a nightmare for the next guest . . .

The dog owners I work with each have at least one toilet accident from their pets each week. That’s a pet that is in its home, not in a strange place, and most of them would be considered housebroken. I know one of the owners would be happy about this test, but her dog is two years old and NOT housebroken yet (only uses the pads occasionally and usually waits until coming back inside from a bathroom break to defecate on the floor). I would hope that housekeeping would be required on a daily basis for these rooms, even if the non pet rooms all went optional.

hahahahahaha.

I hear you. It stinks when these things are imposed mid-planning.

Are you allergic?

Why is YC $75 a night and AoA only $50? As well as the Cabins etc. I can't see how a YC room is harder to clean than a Cabin or an AoA suite.

$50-75 a night...wow what a revenue generator if this catches on? How much do they pay the housekeeping staff? Let's say $15 an hour. Even if they designate special cleaners each day, let's say the person spends an extra hour on the room. So $15 of labor. Nice profit there

I don't believe for a minute they will deep clean the rooms afterwards either. Maybe a more thorough vacuuming

Just to put my cards on the table, I am a %100 cat person and do not really care for dogs at all. I think this idea is absolutely horrific, and (I'm fully prepared for hostile responses) that the majority of dogs brought on property will be permitted to bark and run around on long leashes with great abandon. People in general are simply not respectful enough to control their dogs both in and out of WDW. I also do not foresee WDW enforcing 'good behavior' and this not lasting long. Based on others in the thread, it appears I have plenty of company in regards to my sentiments.

I'll stick with AKL and hope they don't adopt this policy. I will absolutely not stay on any property at WDW which allows pets.

P.S. I know I sound totally miserly, which is not normally the case; this just really sounds awful!!

I am looking at other resorts now. I was booking AofA for the 6 of us in June, but now I'm looking at a more expensive 2 room at POFQ. My DH works at a Hilton, and he has seen what can happen to a room when a dog owner leaves the animal all day. He said there is not enough Lysol in the world to get him to stay at any hotel that accepts animals besides service animals.

Since it’s only certain resorts, I don’t see the big deal. If you don’t like dogs or are allergic or whatever the issue is, don’t stay there. I will not bring my dog every trip, but I like the option. I have had tough choices to make about going on trips when I had elderly dogs or dogs with chronic conditions that would not do well boarding. I always said wdw should have at least one pet friendly hotel & that they could charge a good bit b/c there are ppl willing to pay that for that privilege.

DH and I DO NOT like this idea....We have had dogs in our time and just got thur grand-dog/cat sitting....for our son...
How is Disney going to let 1 or 2 dogs in a hotel room...for hours on end....what a mess this is going to be...fleas...poop...pee...OMG the poor hotel staff and cleaning services...Not to mention some animals bite...they are not all friendly...
We take our family to Disney often..just last May we had 14 with us....Some are very allergic to dog and cat dander
I never have to worry about staying at the YC now....even with designated rooms this is going to be bad news!!!

My question is...will it be certain rooms/buildings at the resorts? Will we be able to request a non pet-friendly room? We have allergy issues, but Wilderness Lodge is my husband's favorite resort ever. Surely, it will only be certain buildings, right?
It’s Ft wilderness that I saw, not wilderness lodge.

Do people realize that much higher end hotels and resorts than the Yacht Club have been allowing pets for a long time? This isn't something new that Disney is just rolling out with no real time experience. Most people that travel with pets are responsible people and don't just slam their dog in a room and leave them all day or let them go to the bathroom all over the place. And honestly it can't be much worse than some of the stuff people let their kids do at Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter