Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that’s my point. It’s the nature of being in public. We will be exposed to germs. It is what it is. I get sick almost every time I go to WDW. Excluding ppl with allergies, it is very unlikely that anyone will be sick from contact with a dog...even urine or feces. It’s gross, of course, but you’re much more likely to get the flu or a stomach virus from a person you come in contact with.

I was agreeing with you. :)

My preface isn’t worthless at all. I wanted to make it clear that I don’t condone the behavior. But changing a wet diaper anywhere is highly unlikely to actually spread any germs. A dog relieving itself on the carpet or furniture? Definitely could. A tick or flea ridden dog sitting on the carpet or furniture? Definitely could.

As has been pointed out multiple times on this thread, Disney’s idea of “deep cleaning” and the average person’s idea are vastly different. I don’t consider crumbs, etc. left behind to be even an average clean, let alone a deep clean.
Not for nothing, but I would lose my ever loving mind if I saw someone changing a diaper in the presence of food, or where food may be eaten. Thats pure laziness right there. Urine is not sterile and carries bacteria, diaper or no diaper. Thats why diaper changing stations are in bathrooms, where you can wash your hands afterwards. Thats why this thread is completely out of control. Fear of those kinds of people also bringing dogs with them.

I wanted to update my situation. I'm gobsmacked. I got a call from guest relations saying that "George" forwarded my email to their team and wanted them to re-accommodate us. So, we are now booked at beach club for the same price as what we had booked at POR. I cannot believe it. I literally cried when they called. I'll admit, I feel guilty that they surely won't be able to make this change for everyone, but for my group this is a trip-saver! I'm very, very thankful to those at Disney who made this happen for us. PIXIEDUST TO THE MAX!
I'm so happy for you!

Not for nothing, but I would lose my ever loving mind if I saw someone changing a diaper in the presence of food, or where food may be eaten. Thats pure laziness right there. Urine is not sterile and carries bacteria, diaper or no diaper. Thats why diaper changing stations are in bathrooms, where you can wash your hands afterwards. Thats why this thread is completely out of control. Fear of those kinds of people also bringing dogs with them.
Right there with ya. While you were loosing your "ever loving mind" I'd be loosing my lunch. :scared1:

I wanted to update my situation. I'm gobsmacked. I got a call from guest relations saying that "George" forwarded my email to their team and wanted them to re-accommodate us. So, we are now booked at beach club for the same price as what we had booked at POR. I cannot believe it. I literally cried when they called. I'll admit, I feel guilty that they surely won't be able to make this change for everyone, but for my group this is a trip-saver! I'm very, very thankful to those at Disney who made this happen for us. PIXIEDUST TO THE MAX!

You definitely need to find out Georges last name and commend him directly through Disney so he gets he recognition!

Just got a call from a CM in response to an email I sent to the generic guest service email. She said at Fort Wilderness, cabin loops 2200 and 2300 would be the only ones designated dog-friendly. If this is the case, this alleviates my concerns regarding my husband's allergy. We will probably still bring a pillowcase cover just in case, but I am much less worried now.

Just so you know....In the last several years, they have been "adjusting" the categories of the camping loops from Pet-Free to Pet Loop and back again as per booking demands. I've had long conversations with them about why it's not safe (ex. cross-contamination, dog dander, people assuming they can take their dogs for walks in supposedly pet-free areas, etc.) but it has fallen on deaf ears. I think it is fair to assume they will do exactly the same thing with the cabin loops. I wouldn't want you to have a false sense of security.

Did they delete the Disney Parks Blog post? I don't see it anymore. I posted a comment (negative) this morning and wanted to see if it survived moderation. But I cannot find the post anymore.

If you go to the blog and search Dogs allowed at resorts it will come up

Yep...THIS is how it should be handled. Disney messed up the rollout of this program with the short notice, and if they are heck bent on going forward with it then they should move anyone who demands it to a non-pet resort at no additional cost to the guest.

Happy for you!

I am honestly surprised that people are that surprised at the backlash to this idea. Just based on the restrictions put on kids’ lunches I am not surprised.

I’m wondering if it’s just here that massive restrictions are put on kids’ lunches. For mine - no nuts, peanut butter, tuna fish or salmon, no strawberries, one year nothing with orange dye. I’m missing some. Rice (yes I know it’s supposed to be benign if that’s the word). No eggs. There’s more but they honestly escape me atm.

This is food-related but the movement to recognize & accomodate all types of allergies is on the rise. Parents of kids with allergies are very active in advocating for their kids. Not to discount adult allergies (my dh has cat, tree nut & shellfish allergies), but there are a lot of families with kids that go to WDW - it’s not your regular hotel or resort.

Just so you know....In the last several years, they have been "adjusting" the categories of the camping loops from Pet-Free to Pet Loop and back again as per booking demands. I've had long conversations with them about why it's not safe (ex. cross-contamination, dog dander, people assuming they can take their dogs for walks in supposedly pet-free areas, etc.) but it has fallen on deaf ears. I think it is fair to assume they will do exactly the same thing with the cabin loops. I wouldn't want you to have a false sense of security.

The above is instructive. Fort Wilderness has allowed pets for a few years now, and the above (I've read similar from others, as well) shows that some dog owners don't follow the rules at Fort Wilderness, either by ignorance or thinking "it's okay", and the CMs not enforcing the rules. And then there is the issue of Fort Wilderness having designated pet loops but a policy of putting pets in non-pet loops if the pet loops are full. All of that is about to be part of Port Orleans Riverside and the other resorts that now allow dogs. Dogs will be allowed in all rooms, depending on demand and availability, and dogs will not just be in rooms or at the relief areas. Riverside is now for the dogs.

I LOVE dogs and have always had one, however I don’t trust some irresponsible pet owners to do the right thing any more. Just in our neighborhood alone I’ve been bitten by a dog running loose, my dog has been attacked by unleashed dogs and two children in a nearby town were almost killed by two unrestrained pet bulls Some people are two lazy to walk their dogs so they just open their back door and hope they come back. One neighbor has had three killed by cars because he lets them run loose. Then we have invisible fence owners who forget to put the dogs collar on or don’t train them so they run out in the street. It’s too the point where responsible owners can’t even walk their dogs any more. And it’s not just in my neighborhood. I hear horror stories everywhere. So I don’t have a lot of confidence that dogs in Disney will be any better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter