Triceratops Encounter Question for Earl

rocketman23

<font color = green>Zamp in the Lamp<br><font colo
I think only Earl may know this but...

Lately, I've noticed that Triceratops encounter has three houses which look alike. I've always been directed into the middle of these three houses. So. are there three triceratops, with two always in a resting state? Do they switch them up? Also, in the early days of operation, it took a certain number of people at a time similar to a show type attraction. Today, it is a walk-through attraction. Were there plans to use all three houses as show type attractions and, if so, why did this plan fail?

I'm probably not the only one that knows, but yes, there are three. They are all the same. In the original show "script" of Triceratops Encounter, they staged all three and you entered them on a time staggered basis, like a show.

Now that the show "script" has been changed "Triceratops Discovery Trail", it more of a free flowing attraction. If you keep getting to the middle unit, it's really no more than chance. It just happens to be the one being operated that day. The number of units running depends on crowd load and also if a unit is out for maintenance. Annually each unit is dismantled and re-assembled as part of the inspection process. It takes a while.

By the way, for fun, do you know who built the beasts?

And while we're on the subject... why can't the attraction attendants (or someone) periodically cover the area under the beast's right front leg with fresh sawdust?

It seems that as the leg moves it pushes the sawdust aside. The slick dark grey metal floor under the leg detracts from the illusion somewhat I think.

That's not regular sawdust. It's special dinosaur dust. Verrrrry Expensive.;)

If the Sawdust is "special and Very Expensive",
what about the Dinosaur P ???

HAVE FUN

Oh, gosh yes. I was really trying to avoid that topic. It is actually a synthetic, developed from prehistoric samples recovered from deep inside amber mines in South America. There was actually some simliarity between the real events and what was depicted in the first film. It's actually pretty intersting. It comes in powder form, just add water.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter