Trip Add on.

davidarti

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if someone could answer a question for me. I have 7 days booked at the Treehouse Villas in August on points. I would like to add a day or two with cash, as a DVC member would I get any kind of discount. Or do I have to pay the going rate?
Thanks for any help..

There is no DVC discount when it comes to cash bookings. Assume you cannot borrow points from 2014-15? If not, I think you have several options to consider before paying 'the going rate'.

You can exercise your one time annual buy of 24 points. Not sure how much that will buy you at the treehouses but it is a start.

You can rent points for the extra days, from the DIS or from David's.

If you are an AP holder, there are discounts with them that you can check out.

You can check the discount sites, like MouseSavers or AllEars. I believe their specials are running through late spring currently, so you may not find anything yet for August.

Not sure when your reservation is in August, but given the 7 month booking window is opening, you are wise to look at your options now. Good luck!

It is usually 25% off rack rate....if it is available. You will need to call MS to check on availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter