Trip Insurance & Cancellations

TheLeonhardts

Disney Addict
I thought I read a post recently that said trip insurance fees would be refunded if you cancelled within # days of making your reservation. If the poster sees this -- could you let me know the # of days?

I've been playing best rate roulette :teacher: with AAA rates, 30% class action rates, and 40% DOD employee rates. In doing that, I made 2 separate reservations for packages (AAA and WDW Travel) that involved spending $89.90 on trip insurance, each. I had to cancel those packages (both within a week of making the reservation) when better rates came out. However, even though I'm a 120 days from arrival and within a week of making the reservation, I'm losing the $89.90 trip insurance on both deposits :guilty: .

Actually -- I think it's karma at work. I got the 30% discount from the class action suit based on insurance I intentionally bought and used, due to a snow storm back home. I didn't feel like I should receive the settlement discount, but they sent it to me anyway. . . Ironically, I think I'm making up for it now. . . :rolleyes:

Judy

Trip insurance never has been refundable - once you purchase it, no refunds at all.

Travel Insurance can be added, once you decide - but again, once it is added, no refunds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter