Trip Itinerary for Next Week!! (June 17th)

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
Here is our family plan for Aulani. Is there anything I should change or add? We were here last year so we hit a lot of Oahu highlights last year and everyone this time wanted more resort/beach time. So that is what this is... resort/beach time focused. We are from Colorado. We are a mom, dad and 6 year old with grandparents, so 6 all together. We are newish DVC owners here. This is all the planned stuff... so other things we will fit in randomly like walking to secret beach or paradise cove for snorkeling or grabbing food from ABC or Cafe.

Here is us last year at Aulani's Luau.
293240311_10161174014418968_1756171272442731295_n.jpg
  • Sat June 17th: Arrive 3ish
    • get rental car
    • get groceries
    • make sure bathing suits are in an easy to get place
    • Eat at hotel, Off the hook if line is short if not pick up at Ulu Cafe
  • Sun: Resort Day:
    • Pool/Beach morning
    • 12pm Aunty’s
    • 2pm Spa Appointment (mom and grandma, guys did not want to do one)
    • Minas Fish House 5pm (may show up earlier) Fathers day Dinner
    • 7pm Animation (may be tight)
  • June Mon: Resort
    • DVC morning or evening Dvc
    • Pool then dry off
    • Aunty’s 10am
    • 1 person with son do the 3:30 T-Shirt Stamping Con
    • 2 people order/pick up BBQ from Broked mouth grindz for dinner
    • 7pm Animation
  • Tuesday:
    • 7am: Ocean Fitness Mom and Grandma
    • Pool/Beach
    • 12:30 Sea Creatures Aunty's
    • Pool/Beach
    • Monkey Pod 4:30
  • Wednesday: Waikiki
    • Leonardo's: Waikele Shopping Center 94-894 Lumiaina Street, Waipahu Opens at 7am (20 mins) Leave at 8am
    • Tantalus Lookout - Puu Ualakaa State Park, Nutridge St, Honolulu, HI 96822 (33 mins) Need to leave by 11am
    • 11:45 Waikiki, Duke for lunch Noon (25 mins)
      • Parking: validated self-parking at the Ohana East Hotel, rate $6 for 4 hours
      • Walk around after
    • Look nice for pictures, for sunset, 6:30 start heading down, 7ish sunset
  • Thursday: Resort day
    • Total Body Circuit 9am
    • pool/Beach
    • 12:30 Surfs Up Aunty's
    • 2pm MACARONS AND MIMOSAS (didn't get it into, keep calling trying for cancelations)
    • 4pm Music lessons
  • Friday: PCC
    • Pack extra food for marcus, have cash for parking
    • 9am Sea Side Stretch 30 mins ( have everything ready, to go before stretching)
    • Leave by 10 am
    • 40 mins to get here: Stop at lunch Kaimana Shave Ice 66519 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712 and big wave (have $2 for parking),
    • Leave by 11:45ish
    • (38 mins to get here) 12:30ish PCC, pack sandwiches for son, (checked rules can pack food just not alcohol): Ambassador Tour Lounge located near the Welcome Center, just past the Security Bag Inspections to meet your tour guide! Check-in time starts at 12:30 pm when the gates open for the day.
  • Sat: Leave pool day
    • Book Luana Lounge, guest services maybe 5am maybe opens 6am; book 3pm time frame
    • 8am Aunty’s Reservation (wear bathing suit there)
    • Pool
    • Off the hook for lunch
    • Hopefully 3pm Lounge to change and wash up
    • Leave 4ish from Aulani :(
    • Red eye back to home

Last edited:
looks like you've got a good handle on planning for this trip! A couple of suggestions:
Lunch at The Beach House on a day that you are going to the north shore.
A visit to the flea market at Aloha stadium. I believe that operates on Sat, Sun & Wed, but you should check.

I don’t have any tips for your itinerary as we’ve only been once, but it looks pretty good to me. We went to Aulani last year and also hit many of the highlights since we thought we’d never be back. Now, we are headed there again in Nov. and I don’t have many plans since we just want to do mostly resort/beach times with a little bit of island touring scattered in.

I also really enjoyed your last trip report so I’m looking forward to another. We were resale only DVC members last trip, but just got our blue card so I love hearing all the dvc member stuff you get/do. I also love the activities you plan. I told my DH I wanted to do one of the paddle board workout sessions and he thought it was hysterical. He said he can’t watch to watch as I fall in.

Have a great trip!

I don’t have any tips for your itinerary as we’ve only been once, but it looks pretty good to me. We went to Aulani last year and also hit many of the highlights since we thought we’d never be back. Now, we are headed there again in Nov. and I don’t have many plans since we just want to do mostly resort/beach times with a little bit of island touring scattered in.

I also really enjoyed your last trip report so I’m looking forward to another. We were resale only DVC members last trip, but just got our blue card so I love hearing all the dvc member stuff you get/do. I also love the activities you plan. I told my DH I wanted to do one of the paddle board workout sessions and he thought it was hysterical. He said he can’t watch to watch as I fall in.

Have a great trip!
You have to do the paddle boarding workout session it is great and yes you will fall into the water at some point, lol. It is funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter